Trouble with temporary lit pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4crr

Hi, all. I just reformatted my computer. I've believe I've downloaded all necessary drivers for my video card. However, I seem to be having problems with lit pixels. I had some minor problems prior to the reformat--just a couple every now and then--but definitely not at the level it's at now. I can't figure out if this problem is due to problems with my monitor or my video card.

I have:

Nvidia Geforce 7600GT
HannsG JC199D

I notice it mostly when scrolling. Against dark backgrounds, I will see many green blue and red pixels, nearly always in increments along vertical lines. I will scroll down once or twice, and half of those will disappear, replaced by new ones. I've linked some screenshots, which I hope will help.

Pixels1.jpg

scrolled down twice, and this is what it looks like

Pixels2.jpg

Yes, I've noticed that they are generally in the same spots. The patterns stay constant, i believe...it's just that they pixels aren't always lit. They come and go based on something I can't detect. It changes really rapidly when I'm scrolling down webpages.

I've also noticed that they dont' show up when I'm playing games. I haven't tried it in window mode, but when the game is full-screen, no lit pixels (just the occasional flickering). But, on webpages, lit pixel city.

i tried using the software with no success.

I've also monitored my video card, and it's running at a solid temperature...55-65C

is there any other way to check whether this is due to a problem w/ my video card or my monitor than by replacing a single piece to see if the problem persists?

I've noticed that what happens on web pages is that it will start with one problematic pixel. And when I scroll up or down with the wheel, it will form patterns of pixels at even increments along the same vertical line. However, when I pull down on the scroll bar, and move it up and down, it will almost form lines. It's like the dead/stuck pixel is creating imprints on other parts of the screen/webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back