ughhh my ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's wrong with my sound. I'm currently using onboard sound.
Realtek ALC883 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Whatever. And everytime I use my mic to record on sound record, it sounds fine. However, when I play a song in the background, the microphone catches the sound.

I currently have a SteelSeries 5H v2 headset. This never happened before.

The sound from the headphones would never be heard by the microphone.

Any possible solutions?

P.S. It's not the headphones because I tried them on a different computer and they work fine.

Try removing the microphone boost from Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices->Adjust system volume->Advanced (under Device Volume)->Advanced (under Mic). Uncheck the boost checkbox and try again.

Are you sure it is the microphone that catches the sound and not some crosstalk inside the sound card? Try recording with the microphone completely unplugged.

The microphone works fine on a different computer. It could be something with the soundcard?

No sound comes out after the recording. I even put on some music and nothing was being caught by the sound recorder.

Well, if you are getting noise with the headset and no noise without the headset, then the issue is clearly in there.

I understand that the microphone and the headphones share the wire going to the headset? Maybe the insulation is broken somewhere, allowing the wires to touch?

maybe something about the microphone and headphone ports? so that whenever u plug something in..they crosswire or something? :suspiciou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back