Unable to get dual monitors working again

Recently after trying to install a program called aster:multiseat I have been unable to get a second monitor running. I was able to use my computer monitor and my tv using hdmi before I tried installed this program. I tried completely uninstalling my graphics drivers and the program. I then hooked up my monitors. And only one is detected in windows. When I tried reinstalling my graphics driver the second monitor will show up in nvidia control panel but when I click it and try get it to apply it just unchecks itself and doesn't work. Each display will work on its own. Really would appreciate some help with this.

my computer specs are-

Operating System: Windows 7 pro

CPU: i7-4790k 4.0Ghz

Motherboard: MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-G55 SLI

graphics card: strix asus gtx 970

ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB

I think aster:multiseat may have made some changes in registry. If you have a convenient 'restore', I would do that.

I think aster:multiseat may have made some changes in registry. If you have a convenient 'restore', I would do that.

Actually my first thought was to restore but then I realized that I had turned it off because it was eating up large amount of hard drive space. Not a smart move on my part. Is there anything else I can do ?

This may be stupid, but you could trim everything back to one monitor and the simplest GPU setting and booting in SAFE mode - remove everything pertaining to graphics (nVidia control panel, etc) - reboot in SAFE mode (at this point you should have no vestiges of anything 'graphics' except the simple generic video driver from Microsoft (if you still have something, remove it and try another SAFE) - once clean reboot normal but still just one monitor - confirm all is good and reboot normal - now try to add hardware. Oh, and make a restore.

So tried that and still couldn't get it to work. I just ordered a new hard drive so I'm just going to do a full clean install of windows and just transfer any stuff from the old hard drive. Its been a long time coming anyways for a fresh install. Been around 5 years that I been running this one. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll make sure that this time I have windows restore turned on.

Back