Unable to update or visit antivirus sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragebflame

Hi guys,
Im sure its a virus causing these problems. I cannot vist antivirus sites or update my antivirus software. Please look at the logs and let me know what you think.

Reagrds,
Dan.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5.2 KB · Views: 5
Can't tell much from this> Mbam is clean. One entry in HJ:

Remove bad HijackThis entries
• Run HijackThis
• Click on the System Scan Only button
• Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GEST] m‘|\ü

• Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
• Click on the "Fix Checked" button
• When completed, close the application.

Your HJ log shows no Active X entries- they would show as 016. Are you using any add-ons and/or plug-ins? Processes like Flash, Shockwave. Don't you need those for the games? Did you attach the entire HJ log.

Remove the one entry in HJ. Reboot. Do a scan with Avira- try to update first, if you still can't, run the scan anyway and atach the log.

You also need to scan with SuperAntispyware

SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version

* Please download SuperAntiSpyware from HERE
* Launch SuperAntiSpyware and click on 'Check for updates'.
* Wait for the updates to be installed
* On the main screen click on 'Scan your computer'.
* Check: 'Perform Complete Scan then Click 'Next' to start the scan.
* Superantispyware will now scan your computer,when it's finished it will list all/any infections found.
* Make sure everything found has a checkmark next to it,then press 'Next'.
* Click on 'Finish' when you've done.

It's possible that the program will ask you to reboot in order to delete some files.

Obtain the SuperAntiSpyware log as follows:
Click on 'Preferences'.
Click on the 'Statistics/Logs' tab.
Under 'Scanner Logs' double click on 'SuperAntiSpyware Scan Log'.
It will then open in your default text editor,such as Notepad.
Attach the notepad file here on your reply
When you have finished with SAS and the Avira scans, update and rescan with HijackThis. Attach all three logs.

Hi Bobbye, Thanks for the reply.
I managed to download avira Antivir and it removed some infections, i could then visit antivirus sites and such again. I then downloaded SUPERAntiSpyware and updated.

I scanned with all 3 apps and posted the logs u asked for. Did i get rid of the bugger fully ?

regards,
Dan

Okay, looks good. The SAS reference to "Beginning disinfection- C:\System Volume Information......" but restore points are protected files and don't get removed:means that the malware is in the restore points. We drop those at the end of the cleaning.

I am still wondering about the lack of Active X entries. Are you having any system problems or error messages? If not,we can remove the cleaning tools and restore points:

Download OTCleanIt HERE & save it to your desktop.
Double click on OTCleanIt.exe.
Click on CleanUp!.
It will go thorough the list and remove all of the tools it finds and then delete itself (requiring a reboot).
You will receive a prompt that it needs to restart the computer to remove the files>
Click Yes.
It will restart your computer automatically. If it doesn't, please restart your computer manually.
Clear your existing System Restore points and establish a new clean restore point:

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore> Select Create a restore point> OK.
* Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
"Ensure the selection is on C:\ and click on OK"-
* Select the *More options* tab
* Choose the option to clean up System Restore and OK it.
* This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

hi Bobbye,

I did everything that you advised and all scans are turning up clean. I really appreciate ur help in fixing the problem. :)

Regards,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back