Unexpected Shutdown during WinXP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I just got all these parts for a pretty nice PC, and I finally got everything hooked up and working, except for this problem:

When I try to install Windows, after it boots to the installer, it shuts down out of nowhere sometime during the process. It picks random times to shut down. Sometimes after formatting, sometimes while loading drivers, etc.

Here are the parts:
Asus P5ND2 - SLI Motherboard
Pentium Extreme 3.67Ghz CPU
650W Enermax PSU
Dual eVGA nVidia 7900GT KO 256MB VGUs
1GB G'Skill 240pin DDR2 533Mhz Memory
ZALMAN water cooling system
2 HDDs
2 DVD ROMs.

I've checked in the BIOS to assure constant CPU and Mobo temperature, and it was. I've plugged in only one HDD and one DVD ROM only to get the same problem, then switched the units to no avail.

I've got another 3 case fans running, and another cooling device on one of my HDDs. I just can't figure out what to do!

Can someone help me out?

Timing?

Do you notice that it shuts down at a particular interval? Like does it seem like it's around 11 minutes all the time? Or is it more random?

Hmmmm

May be a memory problem. Some bad RAM . . . and bad shrimp, ghhhwgh. Can you swap RAM from somewhere? You've got quite alot of fans there cooling your box, so I dunno. Is it possible that the heat threashold may be set as too low, causing any warm up to shut down? Ill think of other stuff . . . . thinking . . . . . thinking . . . .

Bios?

You mentioned that you've checked the BIOS for constant temp readings, have you done so for your current for both MOBO and CPU? Are you getting good constant juice? Your ASUS board doesn't need 2 power cables like the new Intel boards does it?

Well, I don't have a case speaker.

I've seen voltage readouts in the BIOS, and they were constant. I would assume the CPU and motherboard are on the list.

It takes the 24pin ATX power cable, an 8pin power plug, and an "EZ plug" to keep it stable when using two video cards. I have them all plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back