Uninstall McAfee - messages re dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocko1

I have uninstalled McAfee VirusScan via the McAfee CD, via add/remove programs and by searching for related software/files etc. and deleting them.

However, I now get two messages each time I run MS Outlook. The messages are:

The add-in "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\HawkEx.dll" could not be installed or loaded.

The add-in "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee VirusScan\scanemail.dll" could not be installed or loaded.

How can I stop these messages appearing? I have tried "Detect and Repair" and I have tried searching for the message details but cannot find what generates it.

I am running MS Office Professional 2000 on Windows XP Professional.

I was having the same problem. This solved it thank you.
Now I just have to figure out how to uninstall McAfee - this seems impossible.

McAfee uninstall

You should be able to uninstall by loading the McAfee disk. It usually comes with an uninstall option.

I did that but also tried the Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs option and tried just deleting related files from Windows Explorer.

Having done all of those things I still had to call McAfee support because there were items left in the registry. There is quite a lot of help on the McAfee website so you could try that.

Good luck.

Thank You

Thank you for your posting.

I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of those two messages for two days now. I have even sought help with McAfee, but to no avail. I just wanted to say thank you for finally giving me the necessary information to remove them successfully.

Again
Thank you
Estelle :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back