unregmp2.exe entry point not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've been searching the internet for the past 4 hours trying to find a solution for this. The only thing i've been able to find are posts for people requesting help without and replies... I really don't want to reformat my HD because I have alot of files that i would rather keep than not. This is a post from someone else somewhere else that has/had my problem but it describes the exact problem that I have(Any and all information that could be provided to save my computer from death would be greatly appriciated)
:

Quote:
I'm upgrading my XP Home system to XP Pro. I've
encountered the following error:

unregmp2.exe Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in
the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL

My only option is to click OK, and the error immediately
recurs. I've clicked OK over 100 times and am still at
that spot. Any ideas?

End of quote.

Also... I've tried to reboot the machine to see if it would just make it go away... In the very beginning the problem started at 13 min before the installation was complete. After the installation It has since then moved itself up to 34 min. I don't know why this is... Please help
,Ian

zianac,

have you tried doing this

When the problem occurs, press Shift +F10 to bring up the
command prompt. Then type taskmgr.exe in the DOS window
and press Enter. The Task Manager should be started. If
not, try to press C+Shift+ESC. In the Task Manager
program, select the error messsage window in the
application list and click "End Task". In the process
list, terminate the unregmp2.exe program. Exit the DOS
prompt window and resume the installation process

I found the possible solution here http://www.mcse.ms/message297206-3.html

Let us know if that works for you
:) & welcome to TS:wave: :wave:

you are still going to have the problem of not having that file and eventually it will need to be replaced with the original, repair the installation? Maybe that will help but cd everything that is important

your welcome, I am glad to help :) if & when you need the file you may need to try a repair like Jameson653 suggusted:D

OS samurai said:
your welcome, I am glad to help :) if & when you need the file you may need to try a repair like Jameson653 suggusted:D
That helped me an enormous amount too. Thanks so much for that.

I'm going to post a thread on another forum that I'm a member of (thestudentroom) about this site.

Keep up the great work!

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back