URGENT- LAN Problem with A7N8X-E-Dx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Jon

I am in the process of trying to configure my daughter's new computer (with a ASUS A7N8X-E-Dx motherboard) in her house where she goes to university and I am trying to connect her to the house network.

So far I was able to connect her to the router because I can get to the internet. However when I click on Network Places I cannot see anyone else on her network! For some reason the others in the house each use a separate workgroup. When I looked at another house computer I couldn't see my daughters computer but I could see 3 other workgroups! On that other machine I was able to see my daughter's computer by searching for it. However when I search on her machine for other specific computers I can't find anything!

I am using the nVidia LAN port. The OS is WinXP Pro SP2.

Any quick thoughts... I will have to leave soon for the long drive home. Thanks...

First off, make sure that all the computers are in the same workgroup. Different versions of XP default to a different workgroup.

Are they?

This may be silly, but the Network ID name might not be getting recognized. Possibly the University has a set scope for computer IDs? I know I had to do this in University.. which univ? Mine works at UBC in Vancouver, Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back