USB flash drive troubles

Hello,

I'm having trouble with a flash drive I have, it's huge, at 64GB and called RhinoDrive.

I gave it to a friend recently so he could give me some big files, he had no trouble with it. Now it's not working on my computer. A different flashdrive works fine on my computer (Windows 7), and the trouble flash drive didn't work on my friend's mac computer, so I think the flash drive is the problem.

When I put in the flash drive and open up my computer, it sees the flash drive, and I can open it. Sometimes then the program goes to not responding, or if I try to open an inner file. Sometimes, when I click on a folder in the drive it takes a long time to open and then when it opens, says the folder is empty, and the whole flash drive is empty.

I'm not sure what to do, please help if you have ideas!!

Thanks,
Asliuf

I'd rather not format it if there's another solution? I have copies of some of the data on the drive, but not all of it, and I'd really like to not lose it if there's a solution.

I'm not sure how to use that program to remove the flash drive from the registry? I'm also not sure what that would do, or how to tell if that's the problem. I found a different program called "usboblivion" that deletes usb devices from the registry and there was no change in my problem.

When I view the drive from "Computer", it says there are 40GB free of 60.1GB, and when I open the drive (if it loads without crashing the program) I can see files and folders. However, when I try to click on any of them, they appear empty. Also, when I click on "properties" for the drive, it says the file system is "FAT32" but there are 0 bytes of free space or used space. Any other ideas?? thank you for your help!

Back