Usb mouse doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotu2

i got an iHome 5 button optical usb mouse and it doesn't seem to work with my dell inspiron 1545, any ideas?
I've tried all usb ports
i've installed it

i got an iHome 5 button optical usb mouse and it doesn't seem to work with my dell inspiron 1545, any ideas?
I've tried all usb ports
i've installed it

When say it doesn't work... do you mean
> the mouse hardware doesn't work at all?? vs
> Only basic mouse clicks work.. nothing else (e.g. tilt wheels, special buttons, etc)

And when you connect the mouse do you hear the Windows "ding-dong" when USB hardware is attached? and/or the "dong-ding" when removed?

In addition to tmagic's question of... have you tried other USB devices on those same ports?

it does show the ding dong and stuff like that and i have tried all usb ports, oka so what happens is i put it in and it works for less than a second then stops and i can't use it anymore please reply quickly i might return the mouse today if i can't fix it.

It's much more common to have problems with "high-powered" USB devices like hard drives and web cams. Basic mouse functions (left, right clicks, moviing it around) should work even without any software installs. (The s/w install would support specific enhancements added to your mouse)

Most of the time, basic mouse functions should work without any problem. If you can still return it today, i'd say that's your best course of action

yeah im going to and btw i went to device manager and it doesn't even show that its there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back