Using 2 Monitors Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, I decided to hook up another monitor using a VGA cable, but my video card only supports one monitor, and the computer doesn't show the integrated video card on the motherboard.

***I want to hook it up in a way, so one monitor runs through the video card, and the other through the integrated video card on my motherboard.

I tried playing with the BIOS settings concerning switching between the two video cards, but it only shows one of them at a time, and I cant get both of them to work at once. When I go to display properties -> settings tab, it doesn't allow me to switch between any monitors since it only recognizes one of them (depending which one I have it set to in the BIOS).

My onboard video card is VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
other video card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (ABIT Silurio GF4 MX)

***BIOS Setings:

'AGP Display Switch' can only be set to "Auto" or "onchip AGP", "Auto" making it run through the separate video card, and "onchip AGP" through the integrated video card.

'Init Display First' can be set to either "AGP" or "PCI Slot", but it doesn't really do anything when set either way (unless Im doing something wrong)

Thanks for any help, tried to provide as much info as possible

Sorry, think you might be out of luck there; as far as I know there is simply no way to do this, but I may be wrong. I'm pretty sure you can only use onboard, or your other video card.

Yeah, most motherboards dont allow concurrent operation like that.

Get a PCI video card or upgrade to a dual head card.

As already said, it doesn't work. The reason? AGP is an Accelerated Graphics Port and you can use only one AGP device at a time. Your integrated video is AGP and so is your vid card, so you can only use one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back