Vcr 2 pc cable?

By bob g
Jan 28, 2008
  1. whant 2 record vcr 2 pc. is there a cable out there that has rca av jacks on 1 end + IEEE on the other?? appreciate any info Bg Anch. Ak.
  2. tipstir

    tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,477   +126

    I would recommend using one of those VCR(VHS) to DVD Recorder dubbing all in one combo units. They do a better job that using a PC to record off a VCR. It just doesn't come out right.

    Using those combo units you can get a better image and it gets recorded onto a DVD+-R or DVDRW. Then you could take that DVDRW and take off the video using your PC and some neat freeware tools.
  3. zipperman

    zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

  4. SNGX1275

    SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,742   +422

    No a cord like that doesn't exist. It would have to go through a complete conversion. (I'm assuming you mean IEEE 1394).

    I'd suggest just purchasing a VHS/DVD Recorder combo unit like tipstir said. Its much simplier, and its slight cost above a PVR card is entirely justified when you think about the time you and your computer are going to have to spend with making it work right.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...