Very weird problem with my Creative X-Fi Titanium

alexgoh

Hey guys, need a bit of help on my creative x-fi titanium. I've been using my creative soundcard and I've come to realized that there is a repetitive problem that I don't really know how to solve. My setup is as follows, I've connected my headset and microphone directly to the port of the card while my speakers are connected to the front headphones port of the computer. Sometimes my headset is able to register 2.1 or rather, when I test with my creative console for left and right, it's rather distinct. However, after playing for awhile, it just becomes mono sound. That means that when I do the test, when it tests for "left", I hear it in my right too. I have no idea why it's not working as follows. Using my headset with my external USB soundcard, my headset can register left and right distinctly.

Please help shed some light for me on this issue.

My setup: Windows 7 64-Bit Pro
Creative X-Fi Titanium, 3D CMSS off, Crystillzer off, EAX off, EQ off
Core i7 870 Processor
ASUS HD6970 GFX
4GB RAM

Thanks very much for any input!

Sorry but I can't seem to find an edit button. Anyway I've a correction to make, my front I/O port for the speakers is actually my onboard ASUS P7P55D-E mobo soundcard. So the headphones are the only ones going into the X-Fi soundcard. I've always switched between headphones and speakers by changing the default device on my windows.

I wouldn't advise using both audio devices, plug the I/O HD Audio connector from the case directly to the X-Fi pins on the opposite end of the card from the rear ports. You are bound to run into issues when using both. The Creative software tends to want to take control over all system audio settings, so it is likely to conflict with the integrated audio from time to time. I have the same card and using the front panel ports connected to the card never produces any problems.

Back