VHS copying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bograt

Now heres my problem.

I have Nero & PVR for doing video capture and have been going along quite happily copying video footage from my camcorder using Composit.

But now I have some old VHS tapes and decided I would copy them over before the quality goes or the VHS recorder eats the tape. ;)

I have conected the cables that where going into audio & video out on my camcorder to the audio & video out on the vhs. I get sound but get no picture????

I have also tried to use a scart attachement to composit Audio in video out wasnt sure if it would work ( and get nothing. )

Can anybody help me with this issue as I don't have a clue what to do now. The capture / tv card I have does have svcd on it but I have not been able to find a lead that goes from scart or composit to svcd.

Please help.

On your VHS recorder should be a control button called "prog" or "program". This button(s) switches between feed channels to your VHS. The channels are called AV1, AV2 , AV3, AV25 and PR1. Not all recorders have all these channels, it depends on the amount of connections your recorder has. You will have to switch through these channels to find out which one your camcorder is using to access the VHS recorder. VHS systems vary worldwide, I hope this helped.

Thanks buddy, I actually got it working with the scart lead from the vcd which split into the video out and audio in problem in I din't have sound now???? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back