Video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torkin

Hello, I have an emachine with built in video (nidia Geforce4 MX) and have installed a Radeon 9200. I disabled old dispay adapter in safe mode, installed new video card and drivers, and everything was working great. When I went to turn on my computer the next day the screen was blank. I took out the new card and went back to the geforce and my computer worked again. Does anyone know whats going on? please help. Thanks, Torkin.

The monitor was plugged in to the new card. It was working fine untill I turned the computer off. Then on starting it up I got the blank screen.

I had a talk to an emachine tec. He said it was because I needed a fan for my heatsinc in my video card. Could this be true? Doesn't make sence to me. After I install the new card it worked for hour with no problem. I just can't turn it off because it won't come back on. Can someone help me? I think I'm going crazy. Thanks.

bought new Geforce 6200 oc. works great, no problems. Must have been a bad Radeon card. No more video card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back