Video Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post here because I'm having some difficulty. I just got an Asus A8N-E mobo and the AMD 64-Bit 3500+ chip. The VPU im using is a PCI-E NVidia 6600GT OC. I turn the comp on and I hear the HDD spin up and seek, and I see that everythings going good but i get no monitor signal or power to my peripherals (i.e keyboard, mouse, both PS/2). I tryed a higher wattage PSU, but still no avail. Anyone give me any advice?

SOunds like the wrong or faulty memory? Can you swap out the memory with some other modules?

All I've got for memory is a Corsair TwinXMS kit - it's not very old either, so I dunno. I'll see if I can get my hands on some generic.

Can you check two things are report back?

1. Assuming you have a speaker in your case (most do) and that it is connected properly, are you getting any BEEPS when you start up?

2. Take a look for LED lights on your motherboard. What color are they before and after you try and start the system?

Assuming you are getting no beeps, your problem is likely:

1. motherboard is shorting out on the case somewhere. Did you use the standoff pins?
2. you don't have all the PSU connections connected. There should be two going to the motherboard.
3. I don't believe the 6600GT series needs a power supply connection directy to the card, but confirm this.
4. Usually faulty or incompatible ram will give you some beeps at start up, so this is not likely the problem, but still a possibility.
5. CPU not seated properly

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back