PC - Potential RAM Issue causing keyboard, mouse, monitor not activating

Greetings all, I would like to know what causes this issue, I have a custom build PC which is shown down below:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-PLUS
GPU: Zotac Nvidia GTX 1050ti OC
RAM: (2x) Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4, 8GB, MHz 2666
Storage: (1x) Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 7200RPM, HDD
(1x) Western Digital 250GB, SSD
(1x) Western DIgital 500GB, M.2 PCIe Nvme
PSU: Raidmax XT - 500watts Power Supply

This is somewhat my Computer Build and I still have 2 additional RAM of the same brand and product which makes it (4 x 8) RAM once installed but for now, I only have ( 2 x 8 ) installed in my PC, the problem or issue here is when I install the additional RAM which makes it ( 4 x 8 ) my Computer turns on but the monitor will turn on but will say "Out of Signal" then proceeds to "Shut off" kinda waiting for a signal, then the keyboard and mouse seem to not function or turn on, they are both connected to a USB 3.0 port. I have made all the various fixes using built-in software like the Bios to fix it or tweak it but turning to no avail which in turn lead me to one conclusion, my power supply isn't enough to sustain my Computer, I would like to ask you guys if this insight of mine or conclusion of mine is correct and if so what wattage of a Power Supply you guys recommend is it an 800watts or 1000watts of a power supply currently I'm running a 500watts PSU which is shown above.

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator to check out idea of too small a PSU.
Try putting keyboard / mouse on USB2
Use memtest86 overnight (7 hrs) to check RAM - may take a couple of nights
review motherboard manual to confirm that your RAM is on QVL and in an accepted configuration (some motherboards are weird about RAM)

Share your results - positive and negative.

RAM uses just a few watts of power, so unless your system was running right at the very limit of what the PSU could usefully supply, it's unlikely that this is the problem.

As Cycloid has said, you need to check the supported/test DRAM list for that motherboard:

If you look at the 2666 MHz speeds, you'll there's lots of variation between 1, 2, and 4 DIMMs being supported. Only one HyperX 8GB 2666MHz model is listed:

That's been tested and verified by Asus for 4 DIMMs, but notice how Kingston's HyperX Predator modules are only rated for 2 DIMMs. You might think that they should be the same, but compare their XMP profiles:

Fury = XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2666 CL15-17-17 @1.2V
Savage = XMP Profile #1: DDR4-2666 CL13-14-14 @1.35V

The QVL list is essentially saying that 4 DIMMs of the Fury doesn't generate problems, whereas 4 DIMMs of the Savage (despite both being 8GB and at 2666 MHz) is unstable - and it's all down to the timings and voltage used.

So if it's possible to manually set the RAM timings in the BIOS, then making your own profile, using higher timings than those in the XMP profile, is one possible solution.

Back