Video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
i'm having a few problems running my games on my new pc.

Medal of Honour: allied assault: this loads up fine, but then when you play the game after a fews seconds it locks and the displayed error is: This program must shut down and you are given the option to send an error report to microsoft.

soldier of fortune (1 & 2) - this again loads up but sometimes it crashes at the menues. other times it goes into the game and runs for anywhere from a few minutes to a few seconds. it then displays the same message as medal of honour (probably cos they are both opengl games using the quake 3 engine)

il-2 - This dosent load up at all

Grand Prix 4 - this dosent laod up either

i am running Windows xp home edition (not patched in any way... possibly the problem but i doubt it)

AMD xp2800
512mb ram
ATi Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (latest catalyst 3.9 drivers)
ASROCK k7s8x motherboard with sis 746fx chipset
direct x 9

Yeah, dxdiag says everything good. no problems there. The AGP drivers are installed off he cd. tried older drivers too (about 6 months old) same problems.

i might try reinstalling windows to see if thats the problem. the computer is only a few days old so i dont have much on it .

Hi
Before you reinstall just check your virtual memory settings are set for managed by computer.

checked... it was on managed by windows. a tried it on my setting too, same problem.

would it by any chance be a BIOS thing?
The bios is an american megatrends 1.90 for asrock k7s8x

although i would only flash the bios as a last resort?

i will try and run a memory tester (the LAN in my palce is down at the mo. am posting from university)

i saw at another board that someone was having a similar problem. he solved it by going inot hte bios and putting the CMOS to 32. there is no cmos setting in my bios

when the error displays (the must shut down and do you want to send this error to microsoft) it seems when you go into the details of the error and scroll down there seems to be laods of memory addresses (well they are in hex so thats what i presume)

any otehr ideas

Originally posted by Raven911
i saw at another board that someone was having a similar problem. he solved it by going inot hte bios and putting the CMOS to 32. there is no cmos setting in my bios
AGP aperture size set to 32M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back