Videocard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, newbie here...though I have a question...here's the deal:

Minimum: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c Graphics Card with Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6800+ / ATI Radeon 9800+)

My videocard: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 (ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600 (0x3150))

FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

What is missing? I meet all the required features but I still fail the test?

What version Direct X you have and when's the last you updated it? last update June 2008
How much of your 256mb video ram is dedicated and not shared?

kpo6969 said:
What version Direct X you have and when's the last you updated it? last update June 2008
How much of your 256mb video ram is dedicated and not shared?

I updated DirectX yesterday just to make sure that wasn't the problem - I still failed the test.

As far as how much ram is dedicated to the vidcard, I have no clue how to check or configure that...would you mind explaining that to me?

Thanks for helping!

Most mobile video cards have a bit of dedicated memory built into their board but they also borrow some of your regular ram from your motherboard. He wants to know how much extra ram does your video card steal from your system ram to substitute as Video RAM.

FOr example:
32MB on the Video Card + 192MB Stolen From the System = 256MB of Total VRAM.

What game specifically are you trying to play?

Obi-Wan Jerkobi said:
Most mobile video cards have a bit of dedicated memory built into their board but they also borrow some of your regular ram from your motherboard. He wants to know how much extra ram does your video card steal from your system ram to substitute as Video RAM.

FOr example:
32MB on the Video Card + 192MB Stolen From the System = 256MB of Total VRAM.

What game specifically are you trying to play?

Ah, I see...

Though, I have no clue how I'm supposed to check on the video card. I'm not trying to play any game at the moment - I'm simply wondering why I pass all the features, yet I still fail the test.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi said:

Not true if the laptop in question is using a discrete GPU, which can feature dedicated RAM.

It will be helpful to know what model laptop you are using. You should also specify what driver version of the Radeon drivers you are using and whether or not you have the CCC installed.

I had a laptop with a Mobility Radeon X300 that functioned great with most games, including BF 2142 and F.E.A.R.

Soul Harvester said:
Not true if the laptop in question is using a discrete GPU, which can feature dedicated RAM.

It will be helpful to know what model laptop you are using. You should also specify what driver version of the Radeon drivers you are using and whether or not you have the CCC installed.

I had a laptop with a Mobility Radeon X300 that functioned great with most games, including BF 2142 and F.E.A.R.

Why would I need to know all of the above? The scan says I have 256 VRAM with 2.0 Shader.

I meet the requirements. What is the problem with the video card?

Orton2115 said:
Why would I need to know all of the above? The scan says I have 256 VRAM with 2.0 Shader.

I meet the requirements. What is the problem with the video card?

Because either of those could cause you to have issues.

At the very least, you need to update to the very latest WHQL driver release for your video card, which may need to come from your laptop manufacturers site.

If you want help, you need to provide accurate information. What model of laptop do you have?

Soul Harvester said:
Because either of those could cause you to have issues.

At the very least, you need to update to the very latest WHQL driver release for your video card, which may need to come from your laptop manufacturers site.

If you want help, you need to provide accurate information. What model of laptop do you have?

Gateway® MX7527 Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back