Vigilante - I need your help regarding keypad conflicting with mousepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gw157

hi Vigilante,

While researching through google regarding my laptop keypad not functioning , I came across a thread where you resolved a problem with the same exact symptom i am having.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic24071.html

I have a dell inspiron 600m windows XP service pack 3. It was infected with virus, and during a virus scan it removed a program and now keypad is not working.

When I goto device manager, there is a yellow circle with ! on the "Standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard.

Click on the properties of the driver shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I go to Resources tab, and on resources setting: there is red circle with / over first two resource types:

Resource type Setting

I/O Range 0060-0060
I/O Range 0064-0064
IRQ 01

Conflicting device list:
Input/OUtput range 0060-0060 used by:
Alps Touch Pad

Input/Output range 0064-0064 used by:
Alps Touch Pad

IRQ is the only one that is free.

On your post in that thread, you said you went to accessiblity tool and clicked "accidental mouse clicks", and that solved the problem.. I can't seem to find that function, can you tell me how you did it and where can i look for it to resolve the problem like you did. Thanks..

You need to reinstall the ALPS Touchpad driver. You can get it from the Dell Support website under your model laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back