Virtual Memory Low

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell 8400 w/xp home edition intel pentium 3.00ghz 512mb memory which 108gb of free space. I keep getting a virtual low memory message. I have tried changing the number of the virtual (nothing helped) I have had my computer checked over and there is no virus or a reason. Some of my games seem to run very slow (ie the sims 2). Can anyone please tell me what I should do....get more memory, another hard drive, a better video card? I really have no clue. Please help. Thank you.

When you get the low memory message press ctrl-shift-esc and choose the processes tab. Sort the table by memory usage (click twice on the column header). See what processes are using the most RAM and report back.

Im having a similar problem on my laptop. I am geting the same mesage and everything is running extremely slow.

I brought up task manager and one process CCSETMGR.EXE is using in excess of 70,000k of memory up to almost 100,000k at certain points. I have tried ending it but the problem does not disappear.

I also keep getting a Windows Explorer error mesage advising that "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close". Every time I click "Dont send an error report" the system freezes, the screen refreshes and the error message comes up again.

Please help its driving me crazy!

Your Norton is doing its job - being a bloated and buggy program :p

Uninstall your Norton products or update them if you insist on having a slow computer with poor protection :p

It could also be some malware making NAV go bad - run some anti-spyware programs and the online virus scan from Trend Micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back