Inactive Virus + windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart

Hi,

First of all, I apologyze for my poor english...

It seems that I have the same old problem..."Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart... "

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x32 bit system.

Please help me because I'm new and It seems that I can't escape of this virus.

Thank you...and I wait for your messages.

Cristian

Attachments

• message.gif
    message.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
Cristian, there are several rogue malware programs that will display messages of :
  • Fake information in order to scare you into believing that there is an issue with your computer and you need their program to fix it.
  • The 'alerts' that tell you the problems have lead to corrupt and missing data
  • It will display false error messages and security warnings.
  • It "hides" Icons, desktop, programs and files so that they appear to be missing and some programs can't be run
  • The malware is configured to automatically start when you logon to Windows.
  • It can also be started if you click on any of these alerts.
You may not experience all of the above, but it's important that you describe those that you are having. The fact the the message includes the word "critical" make it sound like a rogue program.

But I will need more information about what's actually running on the system
You do not need to include an image if you can tell me what is said. And if we do confirm it is one of the rogue programs giving fake messages, you won't need to tell me each one.
===========================

Please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please leave the logs in your next reply.

Do not run any other cleaning or scanning programs unless I direct you to do so.

Ok,
Before to start, one question...I have Avira antivir and for a very short time Windows security essentials.
All the problems with restart at every 1 min started when I put the Windows security ess.
To avoid restart, I made a restore point and now I'm once again with avira. But now when I want to open avira, a error message appear "Avira's CCPLG.XML file is missing. Please wait for the automatic Avira update". And if I want to remove Avira from my computer using Add/Remove programs a error message appear "Setup could not determine the feature control file or was not able to read it correctly [errorcode: 7].
My question is : "It is mandatory to remove Avira now, before to start the steps from Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal ? "

First, you should only have one antivirus program running.
>> For the Avira problem, please follow this:
AV10: Instructions for manual uninstallation

The malware has most likely corrupted Avira and if you do decide to keep it, you will have to uninstall/reinstall.

I would like to make a suggestion: we have stopped recommending Avira as it is bundling software with the download that is not related to the program itself. You can the make MSE your AV program or I can suggest other free AV if needed.

Second, GMER does instruct you to disable Real Time Protection, not uninstall the program:
AVIRA ANTIVIR
Please navigate to the system tray on the bottom right hand corner and look for an open white umbrella on red background (looks to this:
antivir.png
)

• right click it-> uncheck the option AntiVir Guard enable.
  • You should now see a closed, white umbrella on a red background (looks to this:
    antivir_disabled.png
    )

Ok, thank you.
Like I said before, I'm new in this kind of thing and please forgive me if I put too many questions (and, posible, stupid).
1. When I want to make Step 4, the downloaded file DDS has the extension .scr and I can't open it. Can you help me?
2. You tell me that I should remove Avira. I'm agree with this, but when I installed the Windows security essentials, the computer begin to restart at every 1 min. And with Avira this thing isn't happening, just many times appear a notice that I have 2 viruses, but the computer doaes't restart every 1 min. I'm afraid to install in this conditions once again the Windows security essentials. At least, until I'm sure that my computer doaesn't have viruses.

Questions are good- and none are 'stupid'!

For #1, DDS won't run .scr file extension:

Please download this file for your operating system:

Windows 7

Extract (unzip) the file onto your desktop, double-click on it and choose Yes to merge the file into the registry when prompted. Afterwards you should then be able to run DDS.scr.
--------------------------------------------
For #2, Avira. The uninstall has to be done manually because it can't be done in Add/Remove Programs. IPlease bypass the update error you are getting for now- I need some information about your system so please run Malwarebytes, then try the fix for DDS.scr, then run the scan.

Please stop any processes you have running for MSE. It sounds like you have both of these AV programs on the system now> Go to the Startup Menu and uncheck any MSE related processes. IF you get error messages related to security being active, do this:

Download the programs you need to run first and save them to the desktop> don't run yet.
Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode with Networking option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
Now run the scans.

As soon as I get some information, I will be able to guide you further.

Hi,
I apologyze for my late answer, but I´m in holiday without posibility to check my e-mail often.
Last time finally I succeded to remove Avira according your suggestions, with Safe Mode.
But, after that another problem appeared. I can´t open any internet page. And my internet connection is OK.
I don´t know but I think that removing Avira I delete some important files.
And right now I think that I must reinstall Windows 7, hopping that it will remove for ever and the viruses.
If you have any suggestions please tell me.

Removing Avira shouldn't have done anything to prevent internet access.

If you can answer my questions, I will know how to better help you- right now I have no information to work with.

1. I asked why you were using Safe Mode with Networking. At that time, it appeared you had internet access.

2. Now you cannot open any page on the internet.
What happens when you try to do this?
Do you get a message?
What is it?
Is this in Safe Mode or Normal Mode?

3. Try downloading the preliminary scans in my Reply #2 onto a flash drive from another computer. Then connect the flash drive to the problem computer and run the scans

If you can get the logs to me, I will see what is running and try to help you.

Hello. Are you still with us?

Your thread has been marked as "Inactive" because of your lack of reply. Please let us know how your computer is running, or if you want to continue in this topic.

Thanks.

Back