Vista is a piece of s#1t

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

I finally see why everyone hates vista, I had to buy a new mp3 player cause the software to transfer music wouldnt work, now I cant make my own DVD's because when I try to add a file to Nero Vision, it tries to preview it and it freezes, there is not option to turn preview off... GRRR!!!

anyone know what I can do?

when i heard that MS was to introduce new OS, at which time i believe was code named "longhorn". i followed its progress via the media. they were telling us that it was BIG! so i totally ignored it :) then went to ask on the forums, and guess what ? all the old hackers etc said give it a few years before you buy!!! as most of them were still using MS2000 or had just upgraded to XP. i am pleased i followed their lead mate:wave:
perhaps you could try "total video converter", it rips audio too and burns. as long as it's not illegal though:grinthumb

supersmashbrada said:
Vista is a great OS, the drivers for all the software are just 6 months too late.

You've changed your tune!

But you are right. Don't blame Microsoft because software / applications / drivers have not caught up. That's hardly the fault of the OS, its the manufacturer.

Phantasm66 said:
You've changed your tune!

But you are right. Don't blame Microsoft because software / applications / drivers have not caught up. That's hardly the fault of the OS, its the manufacturer.

Just because I don like Vista doesnt mean its not a good OS, I just hate that all the sofware companies didnt get the memo to update drivers.

Vista will be running on people's machines just fine and dandy in about 1 years time. It will just take that long for the rest of the industry to catch up.

supersmashbrada said:
Vista is a great OS, the drivers for all the software are just 6 months too late.

WOW!!! lol.......did someone get Vista over the last few weeks?? ;)

Yes the change in stance was not lost on me, either.... ;)

And Vista is certainly NOT a piece of s#1t, cr@p or anything else.

Yeah I just don't understand why so many people are having problems with Vista! Besides a few software compatibilty issues, I have not had the first problem.

And I've had no problems whatsoever of any kind. Like I said, I had to give a couple of applications admin rights. Big wow.

halo71 said:
WOW!!! lol.......did someone get Vista over the last few weeks?? ;)

I've had Vista since January, then got the free retail upgrade for my xp 64 pro. Not using it right now because of driver issues.

Buy a new mp3 player you say

Please explain that.Winamp and many others are free.
Do you mean a home DVD player that plays mp3's ?
I think you just have to learn how to burn them to disc for playing
on other players.Also the DVD player has to be mp3 compatible.
I have made many "cdr's" for DVD players and car radios with Nero.
I don't understand Quote :
"it tries to preview it "
I don't have any such burn option.What version of Nero is it ?
If it's 5.get the 5.5 Nero Express update.

No, when I browse to a folder to burn a disk, Vista previews the video files in the preview pane on the right, but it freezes (I've left it for about 20mins with no success), you cant turn preview off in the actual browser, and changing the style to windows classic doesnt help either:(

And its nero ultra.

And, this is an actual problem with Vista, not drivers or software.

What version of Nero? 6 doesn't work, you need 7. Just like when XP wouldn't work with the perfectly capable Nero 5 (that was also 1/10th the size of 6)

Vista is cool

I've had one problem with vista, and it dealt with an mp3 player. I downloaded winamp and it completely deleted my sound drivers. I had no sound whatsoever. Had to reinstall my frikin audio drivers, other then that one issue I really haven't run into any horrible kinks

this all happened when XP first came out. Turned out XP is pretty stable and a hell of a lot better than ME.

Well to be fair nothing could've been worse or as bad as Windows ME. On the other hand, the move from Windows 2000 to Windows XP was not that big.

Windows ME was bad.... no argument from me there.

But Vista is just fine. Any problems people are having are down to the fact that its new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back