Vista problem detecting external HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, i have a problem with my new external HD, i recently purchased a 1 TB Cavalry external hard drive, it came preformatted but for laughs i formatted it again just to be safe. I plugged it into my laptop and it worked perfect right away (via USB).. transferred about 100gb to it, still no problems. I plug it into my home computer (eSATA) and it didnt work right away, went into the bios and updated the hard drives so it would come up, booted up fine. I added the rest of the files i needed and everything seemed to be fine.

Well i restarted the computer, went to play some music off the drive and it wasnt showing up anymore, i restarted, populated the hard drives, it didnt come up. I tried USB and it wouldnt come up either. I realized i didnt have the usbstor.inf so i downloaded it from my laptop, the drive installed. Still not showing up. It shows up in device manager, but when i try to format it or change drive letter or anything at all it tells me that i need to refresh the disk manager/restart the computer (which doesnt help)

Can anyone give me some tips or any ideas on what i havent tried? thanks!

By the way, both my laptop and desktop are running vista 32 bit

The drive is a Cavalry 1TB External drive with USB/eSATA model CAXE3701T0.

I would rather use the eSATA for obvious reasons but I would still be happy getting it to work via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back