VPN Dialer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sifguy1980

"subsystem is not available, can not connect to remote VPN server"

"connection manager failed no response"

This is using Windows XP OS

We connect to a VPN Dialer and I am baffled as to what these errors mean or what settings I should check.

help

It sounds to me like you are not typing in the correct VPN address. Since it is getting NO RESPONSE, that would indicate to me that it is going to the wrong address. But the first error message might indicate to me that you are tyipng in the incorrect username/password. Check both of these settings and post back if you are sure they are correct.

Otherwise it might be a good idea to contact the system administrator as I am sure they will know exactly what is going wrong.

It might be UN/PW cause usually you would connect to the VPN double click and once you do that it prompts for a UN/PW, this doesn't even do that. It DOES however have a direct internet connection. So I am baffled. And all the servers are up. Any settings in XP that could help?

You can go to the network connections in the Control Panel. Once there click setup a new network connection on the left side. One there follow the instructions and choose VPN connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back