W.32.myzor virus on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help

Hi i cannot get Tool 3 on Step 10 it says error404, and i cannot get AVG antirootkit programme on Step 11 it says Requested document not found. I have completed all upto step 10 tool2. My OS is Vista.
Thanks

Completed instructions w32.myzor

I believe this is all the info required reports are attached, avg antispyware had no infection and no report.
All seems to be fixed, a massive thanks its nice to know people out there care about what they do, once again thank you very much

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

STEP4:

Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) from HERE.

The above link will download the HijackThis installer. Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. It will also automatically OPEN HJT, close it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEP5:

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Open the C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis folder in program files. Rename the Hijackthis.exe file to Crusty.exe. This is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe. Right click the HijackThis.exe file and choose rename. Click in the title box and press the delete key to clear what`s there, type Crusty.exe and press the enter key. Right click the Crusty.exe file and choose send to desktop(create shortcut).

I personally would get rid of your yahoo! toolbar and google desktop, just a personal choice, its just that almost every single log that ive seen from an infected computer had one of these installed.

Run Ccleaner a few times and clear out everything it finds.

get an antivirus and a firewall immediately! You need these!

To do with the AVG anti spyware, are you sure that you had the settings all ok, see HERE for a prpoer guide to setting it up properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back