Wanna play WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

clocker

Ok i have had World of Warcraft for a long time now, I have always played the game with 10-20 FPS wich isnt much when the max FPS is 60-70FPS its always kinda lagging and it doesent make the game enjoyable.

So now i want you guys to recommend me what upgrades i shold buy to make WoW run on max FPS with high video settings. Here comes my Computer Spec:

Ok there ya go, i can confirm i got an AGP slot and 3 PCI slots but i dont know wheter the AGP slot is 4x or 8x. And i live in Sweden and my budget per month would be 1050 Swedish kronor. Ok and remember i wannna know what graphic card i should get for my AGP slot that can handle WoW good so i can max my FPS at max and still maintain high video settings in the game. Also my power supply is 250W.

Wow is not really a graphically intensive game so you dont need too much video power to run it. Pick up an 7600gt for roughly 450 - 500 and some extra ram. You should be able to run the game pretty well with 1gb or more ram and that video card.

ok i found this graphic card: XFX GeForce 7900GS 450M 512MB GDDR3, AGP8X
I dont know if my computer can handle that card maybe u guys know? other wise i also have found a card called Sapphire Radeon HD 2600 PRO 512MB DDR2, AGP8X. Now, would at least one of those cards work on my computer? And in that case one of them would work, would they be able to maxmize WoW FPS?

ryan29121 said:
Wow is not really a graphically intensive game so you dont need too much video power to run it. Pick up an 7600gt for roughly 450 - 500 and some extra ram. You should be able to run the game pretty well with 1gb or more ram and that video card.
Ok i found a card in the 7600 series called:

CLUB3D GEFORCE 7600GT 256MB DDR3 DVI AGP

Would that card handle WoW to max FPS on high settings?

More RAM is a good thing and that "CLUB3D GEFORCE 7600GT 256MB DDR3 DVI AGP" should work. Only you can tell us if the game can be played at maximum settings

Hi Clocker,
It sounds like you have an older Compaq system that you're now interested in upgrading. Unfortunately, those older Compaq's are much more work to upgrade as they really aren't designed to do so.

While the motherboard is indeed upgradeable, and for fairly cheap you can really greatly improve your WOW performance, it might be tricky as you'll need a few extra things if you hope to pull this off:
1) That system does have an AGP slot, but it's an AGP4x. This isn't an issue as most all AGP 8x cards are also AGP 4x compatible and you wont really see any measurable performance improvement between 4x -> 8x anyways.
2) The biggest problem is the power supply. Those Compaqs had very, very underpowered power supplies. You'll definitely need to upgrade your PSU if you wish to upgrade that system.
3) A videocard will yield big improvement alone as that system is using integrated Intel video. Even a budget AGP card will perform much, much better in WOW than using the integrated- plus you can ramp up some of the settings to make it look better.

I'm unsure of your power supply, so that would be the first thing to look up. If you can report back the precise Compaq (or other) system this is, we can help you look for what the cheapest power supply might be. Otherwise, you may also want to open the case and look for the sticker on the power supply inside. Chances are pretty good this will be a very low wattage PSU (where you'd want a 300-450W or so depending on what videocard you add).

Also, you can also upgrade the CPU on that PC for even more power. It's a standard socket 478 and with decent power supply, that Celeron is fairly easy to replace and add a lot more CPU power for cheap. Socket 478 Pentium 4's are dirt cheap and a fairly easy upgrade.

my PSU is 250W and the card i wish to buy is an CLUB3D GEFORCE 7600GT 256MB DDR3 DVI AGP, and i will add 1gb extra RAM i guess too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back