Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this is common, but today my computer started must have gotten a spyware or malware. The desktop wallpaper has been replaced with a blue screen that has the warning listed in the message title. My task manager has been disabled and pop-ups just keep coming. I did some looking and others have had the problems has well. I have taken some of the steps but have not seen any progress.

So I wanted to past my HijackThis log to get some feedback.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steps Completed...Logs Attached

Hello all. I have finally completed the 15 steps outlined for removing malware. I also found another tool (as referenced on another site), SDFix, and ran this. In reality, this tool seemed to actually remove the offending files as a number of things seemed to become repaired after running this tool (i.e. wallpaper, popups gone, clock fixed, etc).

Anyway, attached are the log files. I would greatly appreciate if some guru would glance at these and see if there is anything remaining that looks suspicous.

Lastly, what is people opinon about using this computer for all normal activities (banking, etc) after this episode. I must admit I am hesitant, but it is my computer and I have always used it for banking.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Sean

Log Files...

Can someone please review the attached files and provide feedback. I think I have resolved the issue but would like someone else's opinion based on the log files and HJT file.

Thanks in advance.

Hi :

The Primary program usually used in a Situation like yours is the FREE Ver of
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php ; did you use
this program ?
In addition, your Adobe Reader is very outdated & therefore a serious security
risk ; since Adobe seems to be under contant attack, I recommend you uninstall it
and consider using the safer "Foxit Reader" from www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php . Is that "Windows Live Care" supposed to
be a substitute for antivirus & antispyware/antitrojan programs !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back