Watch AMD's CES 2019 keynote replay: 7nm, Ryzen 3000 and Navi

Julio Franco

Staff member

AMD's been on a roll for the past couple of years since Ryzen and products derived from the same architecture saw the light of day. Not coincidentally, AMD was the S&P 500's top performing stock of 2018, catching everyone's attention as an up and coming tech leader that is seriously challenging the likes of Intel and Nvidia.

Update: AMD Radeon VII: world's first 7nm gaming GPU is 25-35% faster than Vega 64, ships February 7 for $699

CEO Lisa Su is set to take the stage today at one of CES 2019's most awaited keynotes. AMD just happens to be getting a high profile spot at the show for the first time ever. Earlier this week AMD launched new Ryzen Mobile processors, some aimed at entry level gaming laptops and other budget oriented chips aimed at Chromebooks. However everyone's assumption is that the most interesting announcements have been reserved for the keynote.

Plenty of discussion around 7nm will take place, as well as AMD’s datacenter and mobile products. Expect teasers and roadmap updates for Ryzen 3000 and next-gen Navi GPUs. There’s also a chance AMD will announce a consumer 7nm Vega II GPU, so we’ll have to wait and see what’s in store.

The keynote starts at 9am Pacific time (12pm ET, 5pm GMT) and you can watch it live right here. Later in the day we'll provide additional coverage related to the keynote and our analysis on what's coming from AMD.

Permalink to story.

Radeon 7 GPU announced. Second gen Vega 7nm core with 60 compute units, 1.8GHz boost. 16GB memory.

~30 percent faster than Vega 64 in games. Somewhere around RTX2080 performance, early rough estimation.

February 7th launch. $699 bundled with three games (Resi 2, DMC5 and Division 2). Clearly targeted right at the RTX2080.

8 core Zen 2 very (very) slightly beats i9 9900k in cinebench. Posts a score a little over 10 percent higher than a 2700X. Undisclosed (and not final) clocks however. 2/3 the system power draw of the 9900k. Launches mid 2019.

Last edited:
WOW!
That CES Keynote was UNBELIEVABLE

I couldn't believe how incredibly boring it was

Can't wait to see NVidia at 7nm

Even at 12nm, still buying NVidia!

2600x is faster in CB than 8700k clock to clock. And by higher margin than this 3rd gen Ryzen vs 9900k.

So tell me the clocks otherwise it means nothing, this benchmark is terribly AMD sided.

WOW!
That CES Keynote was UNBELIEVABLE

I couldn't believe how incredibly boring it was

Can't wait to see NVidia at 7nm

Even at 12nm, still buying NVidia!

It would be nice if those with purchase entitlement would sit back and not make comments that add nothing to the conversation for once.

I for one am happy competition was just ratcheted up a notch.

2600x is faster in CB than 8700k clock to clock. And by higher margin than this 3rd gen Ryzen vs 9900k.

So tell me the clocks otherwise it means nothing, this benchmark is terribly AMD sided.

Cinebench lacks some optimizations for AVX2 and such. However that also means most CPU's will get max all core boost clocks.

Other than that, there is nothing that makes Cinebench AMD sided benchmark. Heck, Cinebench R15 was out years before AMD told anything about Ryzen. To be more precise, in 2013 AMD hadn't even chosen name for their upcoming architecture, 2015 known as Zen, 2017 released as Ryzen.

Ratcheted up a notch and a half....

https://www.pcworld.com/article/333...x-2080-will-crush-amds-underwhelming-gpu.html

Now sit back and enjoy the conversation for once!

I own and buy whatever I want. But the amount of blind cheerleading you are doing is highly suspicious and circumvent.

Clearly to anyone who watched, that the Radeon 7 (at pre-release levels), is equal to the RTX2080 in performance. Yet you are pretending otherwise, because of "Nvidia Yo!" Currently, the only thing the RTX 2080 is good for, is existing G-sync displays. But now that Freesync is partially supported, expect most people to move away from g-sync only displays, the industry standard FreeSync2.

Wondering though, if by wearing your nvidia color glasses did you miss the fact, that the Radeon has TWICE the memory..? and TWICE the bandwidth..?

Back