Watercooling my Lian Li v351

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

I needed to make room in my Lian Li v351 case around the cpu because the psu and cpu fan have a small ammount of clearance giving it horrible airflow.

I know a lot of people put 240 rads on the inside of their v350/v351 cases mounting them to the front dual 120mm fan slots.

http://forum.nexthardware.com/gallery/file.php?n=8072&w=o
(PS: Can someone tell me what tubing sizing are used here? Are they 1/2"od?")

I want to be able to keep my HD 4890 in my case and I'm pretty sure mounting a 240 rad inside the case will make it so there is not enough room on the left side of the case for the gpu anymore. Since I only want to cool the cpu just because I want to lose the fan, I'm thinking that I should be fine with a single 120 rad mounted to the right of the case. I'll have a single 5.25" bay res discharge to a pump mounted to the roof to the left of the psu, the pump discharge to the cpu block, the spu discharge to the rad and the rad discharge to the res to compelte the loop.

I haven't decided on which CPU block to get yet because I am still deciding on the tubing. (If anybody could tell me what size is used in the example photo that would be great.)

Does this plan look alright, I want to make sure before I go through with anything. I would just get a corsair H50 cooler but I heard it's a pain to get the AM3 brackets for them.

note for reference
my build:
Lian Li v351B (SFF)
DFI LP JR 790GX-M3H5 AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI Micro ATX
Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2ghz (no OC)
6gbs (3x 2gb) Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 RAM
XFX HD 4890 XXX Edition
650w ATX SLI modular psu

Any Help/Advice appreciated. Thanks!

The best block you can get right now is a swiftech gtz with the am3 mount back. I'm currently using 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD tygon tubing. If you're going to only use a 120 rad you should probably opt for a feser exhanger, its thicker than most radiators, next to that it would be a black ice rad.

Something to add, i see you have 3x2 kits of ram, why did you go that route. doesnt that disable dual channel on your motherboard.

@supersmashbrada

Ok so a 1/2" id would fit comfortably in my v351 you think? I know the measurements I want in mm but I'm not sure what they are in inches, 11/8mm with 8mm as the id. If anyone could convert it for me that would be swell too.

And for the RAM question, I originally had a M4A79T Deluxe but I switched all my parts to the mATX so I could transport it easier

yeah the size difference isnt as great as you may think, hindering your wc set up

12.77 mm would be 1/2" ID, 15.9mm would be 5/8" OD

You may want to get another 2gig of that ram, so you can run dual channel.

Alright definitely, thanks! Yeah I've tried to get another 2gb stick but the minumum they come in is 2 pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back