I have a single 8 years old computer some Athlon XP machine but I'm still not going to make an upgrade anytime soon since I'm still waiting for more powerful computers to show up, some 8-16-32 cores CPU's at a mainstream price. I need a machine at least 100 times more powerful than what I have right now otherwise it doesn't worth upgrading.
Just one. When I get out of college who knows. Gave my old dell dimension 2400 to my little cousins. It was about 16 years ago when my family bought their first computer I was 12. Everything on it worked a decade later including speakers, keyboard, mouse and cd player when we gave it to the church, it had 2 1 gig hard drives. Barely ran diablo 2, it crashed often when it did. They don't make em like they used to I replaced my dells cd player 3 times in about 6 years and ended up using my families old computer cd player on it. I think it was a Asus, started with a im sure of that.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
DirectX Version: DirectX 11(must be a mistake my card only goes to 10)
Currently have five working systems setup, three desktops which include my main system (Win 7/Phenom II 955/Radeon 6850), my old desktop (XP/Pentium D/Radeon 4770) and an old school 2k/Ubuntu system which I occasionally use. I also have two laptops which I use daily one being my 14inch MSI X460DX (Win7, i5-2430M, GT540M) that I'm starting to use all the time now and an old 15.4inch Toshiba Satellite which just stays at home.
I have a few 'dust buckets' too sitting around next to my old CRTs & hardware. But ya, those don't count =P.
That's not fair to exclude tablets and smartphones when you use those more than computers. As far as Computers go, I have a homegrown Phenom x4 Black 3.1 Ghz, 8Gb RAM Gaming/ESXi Server running on 1TB Raid-0. A Dell E6410 for work, A Dell Vostro 1500 for couch and wife has a Dell one 25" Touch Screen All in One.
Nowadays I tend to recycle 3 computers per year. This year alone I got rid of an IBM Thinkpad T60, T42, and a Dell XPS M1330.
Back in the day, a computer ran my sound system and almost everything in the house. Now my old POS Android HTC Inspire runs it all. I check email and communications on my iPhone 4S, and Craigslist on my iPad... As well as recording Guitar tracks ... now almost everything is done on iPad.
We should ultimately have a forum on which (and how) families use their technology, not just computers.
1. Dell XPS M1530 Laptop
2. Acer Aspire One Netbook in white
3. Custom Desktop with two monitors - Phenom II X4
4. HP (old desktop running Pentium 4). I had this computer for a long time and my bf and I use it to play around with different operating systems.
My dream computer is to one day own a Macbook Pro.
1. 13" Mid 2009 Macbook Pro
2. Mac Mini (connected to TV for playback of movies, ect).
3. PC Tower, C2D 2.13
4. PC Tower, Celeron 2.4, horrible machine
5. Netbook, Acer Aspire One
6. Powerbook G4 (file server and torrent machine with external 1.5TB external via FW 400)
7. Power Mac G4, Digital Audio, doesn't get much use now, until recently it was my torrent machine
Not in use, so I won't count it, but I have a P2 350 that still runs. If I plug it in right now its got a functional OS, so its ready to go, just no need for it.
I have 2 desktops, one setup strictly setup for storage (16tb) total and one for running applications/games connected to a TV. (This one is our primary media center using XBMC). One laptop that is my wife?s so she can watch movies / tv shows while in other rooms.
Computers I use: 8
- Main - 3.1Ghz 555 BE, 4GB DDR3, HD5450, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD (not in yet), Win7 HP x64
- 2nd Main - 2.8Ghz P4 HT, 1.5GB DDR, 250GB HDD, XP MCE
- Gamer - Q6600 @ 2.9Ghz, 4GB DDR2, GTX460, 500GB WD Cav. Blk., 128GB SSD (not in yet), Win7 Ult. x64
- Server1 - 2.8Ghz P4 HT, 2GB DDR, 320GB HDD, Ubuntu Server 11.10 i386
- Server2 - 2.66Ghz C2D, 3GB DDR2, 60GB SSD, 500GB WD Cav. Blk., Ubuntu Server 11.10 AMD64
- Main Laptop - HP DM1Z, AMD E-350 1.6Ghz, 3GB DDR3, 320GB HDD (soon to be 128GB SSD), Win7 HP x64
- Other Laptop - AMD 2.2Ghz Turion X2, 3GB DDR2, 160GB WD Scorpio Blk., Linux Mint Debian x64
- Netbook - 1.6Ghz Atom, 1.5GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, Linux Mint Debian XFCE i386
Computers I own but don't use full time: 4
- A couple of P4 Dell's
- A Dell Inspiron 1200 Laptop (1.3Ghz Celeron, 1.25GB DDR, 20GB HDD, Lubuntu 11.10 i386)
- An old Sony laptop (500Mhz AMD, 60MB RAM, 12GB HDD, Ubuntu 10.04LTS?)
Other computers in my house: 3
- Parent's Main - i5-2300 2.8Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB WD Cav. Blk., Win7 HP x64
- Mom's Laptop - AMD E-350 1.6 Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB? HDD, Win7 HP x64
- Mom's Semi-dead AIO - 1.86Ghz C2D, 2GB DDR2, 640GB WD Cav. Blk, Vista HP x86
Dell poweredge 420 running windows server 2003
Dell optiplex 980, core i7, Dual 24" LCDs, Windows 7
Dell Latitude Laptop D820 running Ubuntu 11.10 (Unity)
Dell Latitude Laptop D820 running Windows 7
Older Dell tower converted to a Smoothwall Firewall
HP All-In-One Touchscreen desktop (Wifes)
HP 19" Laptop (Wifes)
Archos 101 Internet Tablet
And a couple of Android phones
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk