Weekend Open Forum: What do you want this holiday season?

Scorpus

Staff member

Around the globe right now, your family and friends are preparing for the holiday season, shopping online or visiting stores in the crazy Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. And even if you don't celebrate Christmas or one of the other religious celebrations, it's always a great time to pick up something you want for cheap.

So what do you want to pick up this holiday season? What have you already purchased? What are you hoping to receive from friends, family or Santa Claus under the Christmas tree?

Personally there's not a great deal I'm specifically eyeing off, although it'd be great to pick up some cheap hard drives for my home server, and perhaps a new laptop to replace my aging and quite slow piece of crap.

As for non-tech items (yes, sometimes I like to gift/receive things that aren't tech), I've been seriously considering buying Lego's The Tumbler or maybe The Tower of Orthanc as a display piece. Unfortunately these tend to be hard to find and usually out of stock at many retailers at this time of year.

Permalink to story.

I want a bazillion dollars
That would not fix my desires. It is too late in life for what I want.
never to hear the word "AWESOME" again
never to hear the word "AMAZING" again
Fixed for my list.
never to hear the word "DUDE" again
Fixed for me as well.
Would it help knowing, I never use those words? lol

Last edited:
I want a bazillion dollars and never to hear the word "DUDE"again
Fixed for me as well.
You understand when I call you, "dude", it's in the rhetorical sense, um, don't you? :p
...[ ]....And even if you don't celebrate Christmas or one of the.....
As most of you well know, I have given in to the dark side long ago. That being said, at present I am circulating a petition to have Christmas renamed, "Jobsmas". That being the time during our Genesis, on the 8th day of which, Steve Jobs, wrapped in swaddling turtleneck, rolled away a very large rock, and presented to the world his progeny, the iPhone.

Apple stockholders of the world saw the iPhone, and saw that it was good.

#Ahem to that, o my brothers.

But seriously kids, since the beginning of the summer I've bought myself: A Nikon D5100 DSLR, a Sigma 10-20mm zoom lens for it, an Epiphone EJ-200 SCE (left handed), a new refrigerator, and a spare air conditioner for my downstairs.

So, a real Black Friday shopping spree was pretty much out of the question. It's a real bee-atch when you open your wallet, and all your credit cards scream, "uncle" in unison...

That said, Newegg put the new Photoshops Elements 13 on sale Thanksgiving day, for just a bit over 1/2 price, (it's 64 bit now (!)), and I simply couldn't resist...:D (*)

That's it though, I swear! May Dog strike me down if I'm lying...

(*) With PSE now being 64 bit, I'll be able to allot it way more memory, which should make my "erotic art" searches and imports quite a bit faster! :)(y)

But seriously kids, since the beginning of the summer I've bought myself: A Nikon D5100 DSLR, a Sigma 10-20mm zoom lens for it, an Epiphone EJ-200 SCE (left handed), a new refrigerator, and a spare air conditioner for my downstairs.

So, a real Black Friday shopping spree was pretty much out of the question. It's a real bee-atch when you open your wallet, and all your credit cards scream, "uncle" in unison...

That said, Newegg put the new Photoshops Elements 13 on sale Thanksgiving day, for just a bit over 1/2 price, (it's 64 bit now (!)), and I simply couldn't resist...:D (*)

That's it though, I swear! May Dog strike me down if I'm lying...

(*) With PSE now being 64 bit, I'll be able to allot it way more memory, which should make my "erotic art" searches and imports quite a bit faster! :)(y)

I see where your post was...um, deleted crank

I see where your post was...um, deleted crank
Well, I don't think I had a post pulled in this thread. (That's an IIRC).

If you're talking about another thread, I'd say you're a bit off topic here.

Unless of course, that's "something you wanted for Christmas", then by all means, let me extend my warmest wishes to you for a, "Happy Hanukkah". :p

Back