Weekend Open Forum: Which games are you looking forward to the most in 2018?

Polycount

Staff

Though the recent GPU price hikes resulting from the cryptomining boom might make it difficult to actually play upcoming titles (if you're a PC gamer), most gamers probably have at least a few games on their 2018 watch list.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Kingdom Come: Deliverance (out on February 13), Mount & Blade: Bannerlord (out god knows when) and Cyberpunk 2077 - if CD Projekt Red ever gets around to announcing a release date. If you can't tell, I'm a pretty big fan of RPGs.

That said, we want to know what your most anticipated titles of 2018 are, for PC or otherwise. Are you looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2? How about Far Cry 5? Or perhaps there are a few lesser-known games you aim to pick up? Regardless, let us know in the comments below!

Permalink to story.

Believe it or not I really want Peria Chronicles to come out this year. Their ingame scripting looks awesome (confirmed python and possibly JS or other scripting languages will be added later).

Cyberpunk 2077 in 2018? No way, they just started working on it right after Blood and Wine. Two years at the minimum, on the condition CDPR had a second team working on it during W3 developement. But I have to admit, I finished W3 recently and I feel empty inside when thinking what to play next. No other game in recent history had such a wide scope (in my view). And I'm not even a fan of fantasy.

While I tried an alpha of it and wasn't that impressed, the new Star Control has me praying for the magic to return. I'm also really wishing that WH40K: Gladius doesn't suck and I'm still holding out hope that a few indie games such as 7 Days to Die will finally reach beta after YEARS in a half-finished state. Word to the wise: early access is for suckers - NEVER again for me.

Cyberpunk 2077 in 2018? No way, they just started working on it right after Blood and Wine. Two years at the minimum, on the condition CDPR had a second team working on it during W3 developement. But I have to admit, I finished W3 recently and I feel empty inside when thinking what to play next. No other game in recent history had such a wide scope (in my view). And I'm not even a fan of fantasy.

Cyberpunk 2077 was in development during even the base Witcher 3. If you go back and look at some of the interviews, they said multiple times that the two different teams drew ideas from each other. There is even a video of how the team collaborated with the creator of the Cyberpunk books. Cyberpunk 2077 has already been in development longer than most games. Still though, 2018 may be too early. I'd say early 2019.

Vermintide II - PC

Vampire - PC

Agony - PC

Dragonball Fighter Z - PC (already out, but waiting for steam summer sale)

These are the only games off the top of my head that seem interesting. Everything else is more of the same.

I'm just a PC peasant gamin on a potato, so still waiting for Monster Hunter World. Then there's Code Vein and Final Fantasy 15.

State of Decay 2 is the one I'm waiting for. Can't think of any other bigger titles that I'm excited for...

Ace Combat 7
Ni no Kuni II
DRAGON BALL FighterZ
Metro Exodus
Soul Calibur VI
Red Dead Redemption 2
Insurgency Sandstorm

Total War: Three Kingdoms!!!!!
CoD 2018
eventually Wargame 4
eventually Age of Empires 4
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
Dynasty Warriors 9
Ancestors Legacy

Bandai Namco is killing it this year.

A Way Out - you can invite people that don't have the game

Metro Exodus.

FC5 gets an ez pass from me. Denuvo+VMProtect on a SINGLE PLAYER game..

Cyberpunk2077 I doubt will be 2018. My optimistic date is late 2019.

Cyberpunk 2077 was in development during even the base Witcher 3. If you go back and look at some of the interviews, they said multiple times that the two different teams drew ideas from each other. There is even a video of how the team collaborated with the creator of the Cyberpunk books. Cyberpunk 2077 has already been in development longer than most games. Still though, 2018 may be too early. I'd say early 2019.
Well, Yes and No. I could be wrong, but it was a design stage of developement. The work on technical aspect of CP2077 started properly 206/17. I remember they posted job offers for like weapon designers and stuff last year?
Well, It will be ready when it's ready.

Did you NG+? That is what I am doing lol.
Did you get any mods for W3? There is a NG++ mod too.

Rico
Far Cry 5
that Life is Strange prequel, prequel
Metro Exodus
maybe We Happy Few (jury's still out)

Battlefield 2018 if it`s not about WW2.
BF1 was something new and with that in mind I tried it out of curiosity for a couple of months. But the gameplay felt utterly broken to me. Maybe I just hate wooden weapons which most are the same or shot the same way, horses not dying when you empty a full support clip in them, soldiers not dying when they charge, all kinds of bugs and glitches ( funniest one: I tripped on a small rock and fell under the map where I drowned into a sea which was rendered beneath god knows why...), sniperfield, too slow paced, too many over saturated colors making it look cartoonish.
I got back to BF4 and it`s a bliss. Modern warfare it`s the sh!t and you appreciate it more after a doze of running around with sticks in BF1. WW2 on the other hand, has been done so many fking times I wanna throw up just thinking about it. And of course, you never get to play in the german army because it`s not politically correct. Someone suggested to DICE nazi zombie mode yey, that`s never been done before...
So, alas, I`m praying for a better BF4 and hoping I don`t have to wait 2 more years for it. If they bring back battlelog it`ll be even better.

Total war 3 kingdoms and any totalwar Warhammer expansions...yes im an RTS nut!

And of course cyberpunk 2077, CDProjext doesnt just make games, they make art!

Well, Yes and No. I could be wrong, but it was a design stage of developement. The work on technical aspect of CP2077 started properly 206/17. I remember they posted job offers for like weapon designers and stuff last year?
Well, It will be ready when it's ready.

I don't truly expect a release date this year, but I do expect a showing at E3. It's been too long with too little information, it just makes sense.

They've said they want to follow the Bethesda model of showing something off closer to release than normal, so I'm expecting a release sometime in Q1 or Q2 2019 - this seems to be the community consensus, for the most part.

Of course, anything can happen, and nobody really knows what's going on besides CDPR. We will see!

I remember some of the devs in a documentary about CDPR saying that Cyberpunk team was already working when they were finalizing the Witcher 3 for release.

But that doesn't mean that I think it will be released in 2018 :)

CRYSIS FTW I finally have a machine that can run it!!! :p :cool:(y)(y)

But seriously...

Metro Exodus! Knowing the others, this will be a win...

FC5 and We Happy Few look good but I'm gonna wait until after its out for a few months before venturing into those.

Fallout 5 in 2077 is gonna be outstanding as along as they don't drop a bomb first. :cool:;)

I'm just wondering if Gearbox is gonna get active with the next Borderlands saga??

Absolutely NONE! Someday I will write why games are less worth playing now then ever before.

Back