What about this setup??

Status
Not open for further replies.

formetopoopon90

Hey everyone. I am finally about ready to buy my future system. I think i have just about what i need, but i would like to have some people tell me their opinions about it and make suggestions about it. I'm building a gamer computer.

Mobo
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice

Graphics Card

eVGA Geforce 7600GT 256MB PCI-Express

Power supply

XCLIO ATX 450W

Memory
CORSAIR 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR SDRAM DDR 400

Case

ASPIRE X-Dreamer

Well what do you think? I know its not going to be the ULTRA GAME SYSTEM, but i think it will be decent. I'm kinda on a budget :blush:

For a budget system, I think your setup above will treat you very well, and once you feel it is too slow for you, you can always upgrade more in the future. Some great choices there!

I do question that power supply though. How many amps does it have on the 12v rail(s)? How much does it cost?

I'm not sure if this will help but here ya go

+3.3V@32A, +5V@30A, +12V1@15A, +12V2@17A, -12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2A

as for the cost, its 40$

You know that is very close to the setup I'm planning to go. Got the RAMs and the video card (exactly same models), going to get Venice 3200+ this weekend and was unsure about the mobo but was thinking about neo4..

However, I'd recommend you check the psu I got from newegg; I bought it with a very good rebate and noticed that every two weeks it has some kind of rebate for couple days. It is this Cooler Master psu. .. It might be a better solution for about the same amount.

I am looking for a good case though, and will check yours now.. Good luck on your build.
cornellian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back