• I likE IT

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • C00L

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimShady23

XP 2500+ overclocked to 3200+ 3x 512 dimms PC2700 overclocked to PC3200 (its Sam's Club memory Simple Tech but overclocks nice, dont see a problem with it.) Abit NF7-S v2.0
2x Seagate 80 gig SATA and one Seagate 80 gig IDE. FX 5600 ultra video. 500 watt aluminum POW-MAX power supply (Yeah I know your going to say pow-max, wow man. They usually make crap but this one in particular matches pretty close to an Enermax of similar wattage and looks pretty damb cool too.) Thermaltake volcano 12 for cooling. Thermaltake Xasier III blue case. Lite-On DVD-Rom ( black bezel) Lite-On DVD+RW (black bezel) They are cheap and dont make too bad of a product, plus i dont burn as much as I should. 2 cool cathode 12" blue neon lights. And all Round IDE Cables. Well tell me what you think. And dont take too much emphesis on my video card. For the games I like to play it suits me FINE GUYS SO NO RANTING AND RAVING !!!!! Oh and on a note, anyone buying a 3200+ is out of their mind. GET A 2500+ that is AMD's most requested CPU and is manufactured by the truckloads. It is the most highly overclockable Barton. It will even overclock more than a 3200+ seen reports of it as high as 3.0 ghz (heavy water cooling of course)

2x Seagate S-ATA's in a RAID array at all?

I hate AMD, so im not gonna comment :) nice case though, not sure about lights myself personally, but i can't fault the effort :)
take a pic d00d :]

I have the 2 Seagate 80 gigs SATA set at 0 Striped however the performance on the drives in this array do not give me a whole lot faster boot time compaired to running a stand alone SATA. Even with 1.5 gig o ram. That is one of the other complaints about my system that I failed to state. LoL other than that it runs pretty solid

Lookin good and the specs sound cool, though some components seem budget... But as long as it work and runs your stuff fine, who cares, right? :D

Anyway, how's the volume level of your setup? Not too loud?

Sounds like a great rig, but why would you stick an FX5600 in it? The neons sound cool, Id like to see a pic!

I did post a pic.....its up a couple posts......Yeah the memory is the only thing that is buget....but like i said it overclocks to 400 mhz fine, they dont even have heat spreaders and they run optimal overclocked. along with the lite-on drives wich I dont really use a ton to burn with so even if they are not good quality they are gonna last me as long as somone that spent a lot more and burns everyday. But they work fine....and with the dvd burning capabilities I think I did good for $99. As for the 5600 ultra I got for free so I wasnt complaining. I will upgrade everything In about a year or so when 64 bit comes a little more affordable along with the integration of pci-x

why 3 dimms? ur missing out on a bit of dual channel capability... (assuming ur board has it)

Yeah I think as long as two in the dual portion are matched, it'll still use it. I think..... :p does the third one have to be matched as well, or can you put anything on there of similar speed (ie PC3200, yet a different capacity)?

i think since both dimms 1 and 2 utalize the dual channal for dimm 3 it would probably be my best guess that you should probably get matching memory for all 3 slots....Not 100% sure how it all works out it is a new concept to me

Originally posted by SHOGUN
Just wondered...is slot 1 closest to the CPU?
I have a GA-7NNXP nForce2, Ultra400 chipset.

Yes Slot1 is the closest to the CPU. Slot 1 & 2 are part of the first memory channel & Slot 3 is the 2nd memory channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back