system:
microsoft windows xp professinal
version 2002
service pack2

computer:intel celron d
cpu 2800 GHz
512 ram

pci slots

i want a graphic card for games i got a medium budget just give me a list of medium priced graphic cards and high priced ones that are good

chipset:north bride:intel 865g chipset
southbridege intel ich5

expansion slot -3 x pci slots
1 x agp slot for 1.5 8x/4x agp card
1 x amr slot

audio cmedia 9761a 5.1 channel audio codec

i just bought this comp 1 month ago so i still had the booklet it came with:)

how much you want to spend is the question, the more the merrier. £100 will get you a medium ati or nvidea ive got an x700 pro ati for £100 its good, i play bf2 and others and graphics are good and smooth.
look around for good deals and make sure you get agp/ pci-e as required as they are not compatable

ok....unfortunatly PCI isnt the best method for video cards however there are still a few options.

depending of the northbridge of your mainboard you will either have ATI or Nvidia

I would strongly recommend staying in the same family of chips just for simplicity.

for an ATI about the best you can do is the 9250; and for Nvidia id go with the FX5500 either of those will come with 128MB and maybe 256.

You wont be able to play top notch games life half life 2 and BF2. You should be able to get away with Halo 1, age of empires 2, COD 1, and that generation of games. Mostly the stuff that retails for $20-$30 US.

id strongly recommend looking into getting a new motherboard with at least and AGP if not PCI. They should be about $80 for the board and you can get a decent card like geforce 6600 for about $115.

Hi talset and welcome to TechSpot :)

currently, the best PCI video card is the BFG Tech 3DFuzion FX6200. it only costs $28 USD on newegg (i know you cant buy from newegg, but you should still be able to get it for well below your $130 budget)

it should allow you to play most modern games at low settings, maybe some games on medium at best.

cheers :wave:

graphic card

well thanks guys i got a geforce 5200 fx graphic card right now 128 mb the games i play are fable the lost chapters
gta san andreas
war hammer 40k dawn of war
are there any sites like www.srtest.com for graphic cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back