What is the video memory in GTA 4?

DevilDevansh

Ok so I bought GTA 4 a while back and it says my video memory is 64mb. But when I go to :-
Start>Run>dxdiag>Display tab(Start>(type)dxdiag>select dxdiag.exe>Display Tab)
It says the approx memory of graphics card is 1276mb.

I even tried an app online which told me my 'video memory' was 64 mb, which is low but every thing else was good.
My graphics card is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator(1276mb)
Ram 3gb
processor i3(2.13ghz)

Any help will be of great use..
Thanks in advance..
Devansh

HELLLP.....
Sombody help.....
and yeah I am using Windows 7 which use around 200 mb so I should be left with something around 1000 mb instead of 64mb.
Is my g-card failing or what ?

Check how much memory is allocated to your adapter (called Dedicated Memory most commonly). Raise the value if needed. On-board cards suck by definition, so if you want to successfully run something like GTA4, upgrade your graphic card.

Check how much memory is allocated to your adapter (called Dedicated Memory most commonly). Raise the value if needed. On-board cards suck by definition, so if you want to successfully run something like GTA4, upgrade your graphic card.

Thanks you....alot

How do we raise Dedicated memory?

My Graphic card is a part of the main board and cannot be seperated fom it.....so ill have to change every thing on that board I guess...

No!
You have mixed up the concept of an on-board GPU!
You'll have to get a PCI-Express GPU, not replace the motherboard.

As for raising the memory, refer to your motherboard's manual. On my PC it's F2 during POST, enter BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration > Dedicated Video Memory.

Back