What RAM should I purchase?

PurpaFur

I am building a computer for my first time and after choosing a motherboard, have no idea what RAM to buy. I know that I want 8 gigs of RAM, and the motherboard has slots for 4 RAM cards, but I don't know how to figure out how many pins should be on the RAM that I buy. The motherboard that I chose is an MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970. I would prefer a RAM card from Corsair, but thats just personal preference, not necessity. Help anyone?

Also, in case you need more info about my motherboard, I got it at this URL: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-DDR3-Moth..._n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin:6159420011

As described in the motherboard description - Memory: 4x DDR3-2133(OC)/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Max Capacity of 32GB.

This means your motherboard takes DDR3 memory. When an OC follows a number it means that in order for you to run 2133 memory you must overclock, I.e. add more voltage to get it to function at this speed. This is something you don't have to concern yourself with.

Before we move forward why this motherboard? Here are 2 questions that will help you in the process of building a PC:

1. What do you want your system to do?
2. What is your budget?

I chose this board for compatability with the CPU I chose, and as far as a budget goes, I'm more or less willing to pay whatever it takes. The computer will be mainly dedicated to running Microsoft Flight Simulator X: This program is taxing on my old computer and so an upgrade is needed.

Any good DDR3 memory in 1600 speed should do you fine. I am assuming the required memory is 1.5 volts as my research cannot find this answer.

Back