What's that back panel connector plate called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsgleason

Some motherboards have a different configuration for the back panel, where the com ports, printer port, LAN, audio, game and usb ports go. My motherboard came with one because it's atypical, and I need another. What are they called and where can I get them?

Also, is there a correct way to install these? I bent up the back of my case trying to get it in ght first time...

Its called an I/O Shield. They simply snap into position from inside the case. Be careful when installing your mobo, so as not to damage the earthing contacts on the I/O Shield.

it's called the I/O plate or panel. check your mobo manufaturer for a replacement.

I dont have a clue how you would bend up the back of your case installing one since they are basically just a snap in press fit type install. ( they fit from the inside)

it was super duper tight fit!! There are these metal clips all around it...like 50 of them, and it was so hard to get it. I think I ended up using a hammer.

Isn't there an industry standard for these? I am putting my stuff into a new thermaltake case, and I don't want to pry that thing out and put it in my pretty new case.

Here's a picture of the board io connectors. I swear I can't find one to fit it.

7vjl-deluxe-backpanel.jpg

the I/O panels are all the same sizee it is just the configuration of the openings that is different. so if there is a problem it would be with your case not being to spec.

If your mobo came with one, its because it's not standard like you say, from experience, I know alot of Intel and Gigabyte boards do this, but I wouldn't know how you would just get a replacement one, You'll have to try using that one I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back