When i start my computer, im getting blue screen saying beginning memory dump~

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i load windows, it does the chkdsk everytime. Then it goes to a blue screen saying registry cannot load systemboot/system32/config/software or log or alternative. File is corrupt, absent, or not writeable.

Beginning dump of your physical memory
dumping physical memory to disk.

then after it goes through all of that...the computer restarts..goes to check dist utility again, then starts all over with the blue screen.......so unless i completely cut power to the computer......it keeps restarting doing this over and over. What can i do? I can't even get into windows in safe mode...or with last known good configuration. Is is my hard drive? Ram? Software? can i reinstall windows? IF someone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated as i have a school paper due on monday thats HUGE, and saved to the hard drive which i cannot get to......thank you.

Ken... My email is facktery81@comcast.net also

first you need to find out what the error msg is. to do this, to this:
start / settings / control panel / system / advanced / click settings under "startup and recovery"
then uncheck "automatically restart"
check the other 2 options above it.
this way, the machine will halt at the error screen, and you can write down the error msg and it can be analyzed.

i can't

It wont even let me into windows to do that....it goes to the blue screen and restarts...over and over, not letting me into windows...not even in safe mode, when i try to boot in safe mode, i get the same thing...chkdsk then bsod, then restarts and does it again. Maybe i'll just try reformatting and doing my paper over.

You could take the hard drive out and hook it up to another computer to get your files off.

In the meantime, does your computer have 1 or 2 sticks of ram? If you have two, take one of them out and try and boot your computer. It may be a dead stick of ram. You can download (from a different computer) and run www.memtest.org on your dead computer. It runs in DOS so you (hopefully) will be able to run it on your dead computer.

But I think your Hard Drive itself could also be the main suspect here. And reinstalling windows won't fix that. What is the make of your hard drive? I'd try and run a diagnostic on it. You can go to the makers website and download a diagnostic tool (that runs in Dos as well).

Good luck!

open up ur computer case and check the mother board.

this problem happened to my dads computer last week because he accidently sliced a wire open while installing a fan and it ended up completly frying the mobo (and he tried blaming it on me). the blue screen was what happened before the computer ended up burning. it only happened once to me while playing cod2 and i restarted and then it was fine but the mobo got fryed the next day. so check ur mobo, all ur wires.

also just thinking of other things that were changed around right before i got the blue screen. my dad installed macavy (not sure if thats the right name but i know it started with a M) and the very second before i got the blue screen i turned on my wireless mouse. do u have a wireless mouse? (im thinking software maybe if it was a seperate problem from the mobo)

my brand new mobo -> :hotouch:

startup using knoppix or ERD commander cd.
It lets you start up your pc whit the cd and not your HDD.
It's gonna help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back