Wi-fi card software causing memory parity crash -BSOD errot

I havea old PC running Windows XP professional (32bit)
After installing a Netis WF 2118 wireless N PCI adaptor card, all worked fine untill I entered my Router's secure password as instructed- the computer immediately crashed, 'memory parity mismatch' -BSOD. This happened twice more, then the password was accepted and the card connected to the 'net.
Then, each time , for about five tries of starting, I got the memory parity error and blue screen of death message.
I have checked on Nettis' website for a updated driver, but it is still v(ersion)1
I eventually deleted the netis software and the computer 'fires up' fine again
The Wi-fi card has now been removed.
The computer is sat on the other side of the room to the router and I am worried that I will trip over the connecting internet cable and damage either myself or the computer
I was wondering if inserting a slight delay in Either the boot.ini or config, file settings might enable the O/s to work before the wifi card is enabled, but I don't know how to do this

There's an Amazon review of this card by somebody who seems to know what they are doing (La belle fleur). He reckons the claim that it is compatible with XP machines is completely wrong. I'd return the card for a refund but if you can't it's not much money lost.

Or you could have a punt with a usb mini wifi adapter. There's no aerial attached and they are unbelievably cheap.

Back