Where's the bass?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need_a_Dell

We purchased the home theater audio cable from Creative to enable 5.1 sound through our home theater system from our Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS. Everything is plugged in correctly, and it all sounds great, but we have nothing coming out of our subwoofer. We have the sub hooked up properly, because it works when playing on the xbox, or listening to something through the TV. When we do the THX calibration test through the Creative console, we can hear the brief noise through the sub. So everything is connected properly, but when we play music, movies, games, etc, through the PC, there is no subwoofer activity. We switched the speaker system settings to 5.1 system instead of the default 2.1. Digital only is not checked. All drivers are up to date.
When we used a stereo mini jack to the surround system, the sub worked then.
Is there something we're missing? Or is the card defective?

Nick

Do you run Vista? If you do check the Creative site. I know some cards are no longer supported and are "end of life" cards. If your's is Live 5.1 that may be one of them (if Vista).

Tis Fixed!!

im running windows XP MCE 2004.

but not to worry anymore! I switched the cable inputs on my home theater receiver and it's now working tip top! Guess the subwoofer plug on my multichannel input #1 is broken... :S

thanks everyone who replied so quickly!
without you, techspot would just be one of the "other" forums... you're all gods and i love you!

Need_a_Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back