Which brand????

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDIsTheBest010

hi all-

I'm going to be purchasing a new computer in a few months, and i didnt know which brand to go with. I like HP and Dell. i dont want to custom buiold my own so please none of that

thanks
....AMD

wolfram said:
Hp or Gateway. Stay away from Dells...

well, i would like to go with GateWay, because i've always had good luck with them (since windows 95) but i cant affarod to spend an extra $100.00 for a monitor when dell at least gives you a cheap CRT for free

But I think you have more chances to upgrade a good Gateway, than a Dell, because Dell likes to use propietary parts.

So, if you want to upgrade a Dell, you almost need to change the full PC.

Also, why don´t you want to build yourself a PC? It could be WAY cheaper because you can use some of your existing parts.

wolfram said:
Also, why don´t you want to build yourself a PC? It could be WAY cheaper because you can use some of your existing parts.

Im selling my current system for money$$$ to buy a new one, plus with a prebuilt sysetm you dont have to worry about getting all the drivers etc..

....AMD

Build your own it's better and you can self diagnose the problems. But if you aren't going to get your head out of your a55 then defiantly a Gateway, no brainier.

CrossFire851 said:
Build your own it's better and you can self diagnose the problems. But if you aren't going to get your head out of your a55 then defiantly a Gateway, no brainier.

i would like to build my own but i just dont have the time. full time job+ running own business= no free time

if yuo dont build your own Go with a Dell. they have not been using propriatary parts for a couple of years now. they were using standard PSU and motherboards last time I checked.

well thats what i thought, because we all bought a Dell 2400 a few years ago for my mother, and the PSU went out in it , and it used a standard store bought ATX PSU.

....AMD

iss said:
if yuo dont build your own Go with a Dell. they have not been using propriatary parts for a couple of years now. they were using standard PSU and motherboards last time I checked.
that's refreshing news... I wouldn't have bought a Dell just for that reason.

AMDIsTheBest010 said:
i would like to build my own but i just dont have the time. full time job+ running own business= no free time

Well we're all faced with this problem, but I've put aside some time out of my life to build 4 new systems. To me it the best way to go. Forget DELL, GATEWAY, IBM, HP, Compaq an etc..

Well if you want a Laptop then get HP/Compaq, then you don't have to build or find the time to do so..

you don't have a couple of hours?? that's all it takes to build one...

the problem with most prebuild PCs is that they use low-end parts. it is simply not profitable for them to use high-end parts. after all, that's what they are there for is to make money... that's it. any corners they can cut... they will!

even if you pay the same, a custom built PC will have much higher quality parts and will be as upgradable as you want.

but if you insist on buying prebuilt, I would suggest Dell. as mentioned earlier they use standard components now and the higher end machines are alot more upgradable than older Dell models.

you should also consider ebay. there are some good deals on custom built systems with very nice components on them. buy from a 99%-100% positive feedback seller and you have nothing to worry about. all you'll need to buy is a monitor (CRTs only cost about $40)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back