Which integrated cpu/motherboard is better?

On the other forum I get answer:

Here's a comparison of the three different CPUs:

http://ark.intel.com/compare/71995,78866,56056

The best one is the Celeron 1037u which is based on the 3rd generation Ivy Bridge CPU core. While the Celeron J1800 has a higher clockspeed, it is based on the Bay Trail generation CPU that is mainly used in tablets (Android and Windows 8.1). It is pretty capable, but not as powerful as the 1037u. The Celeron 847 is based on the 2nd generation Sandy Bridge CPU. There is not much difference in performance between Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge on the CPU side, but the 847 has lower clockspeed which makes it less powerful. On the graphics side the Ivy Bridge 1037u has the most powerful integrated graphics core of the three. Combined with the more powerful CPU, it is the best for a mini HTPC build.

now I still do not know where is the truth :confused:

I was aware of the Bay Trail v Ivy scenario, and also aware that even though it has much higher clock speed that they are not equal.

But, the comparison chart shows you the 2nd one has a 688MHz GPU base core clock, while the Ivy Bridge one has 350MHz base core clock. I believe with the higher CPU clock, and better GPU clocks, that it will suit you well. Factor in the 10W vs 17W TDP of the board, and it'll run quieter/cooler/cheaper. Check the comments on this article for other opinions.

On the flip side, the 1037U is a more feature-rich CPU more akin to desktop usage - as the other forum told you. The difference here is that it takes standard DDR3 RAM sticks, whereas the j1800 takes laptop RAM.

If I were in your boat, I'd be buying the j1800 (if I had to purchase all parts). But, if I had spare desktop RAM laying around, then I'd probably choose the 1037U to save a couple bucks.... but it'd still be a difficult choice over the (IMO) better j1800 - if your use is playing/streaming video to your TV.

Back