Why can I hear myself talking through my microphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Whenever I talk through my microphone, even when its not on a voice chat program or something, I can actually hear myself through my speakers - its like the sound coming through my microphone is going directly back into my computer...

Another strange thing, every time I start using my microhphone, or have changed settings in anything, I have to go to the recording control and select "Rear mic"...

Any idea why all this strangeness occurs...? Or how I can fix it?

I'm using onboard sound, intel 965ltck motherboard.

Korrupt

What you are experiencing could be feedback. Try lowering the volume on your speakers and see if that helps, and if you have a slider in your mixer settings under playback called Mic, turn it off (not the one under recording).

I do not know the sound chipset/software at all so I can't help you with "rear mic" issue. However, I'm pretty sure I can help with the speakers playing your mic sounds.

You need to mute your mic playback. Double click on the volume icon (or go to the sound options in the control panel). Make sure the microphone is muted. This will only affect playback (what your speakers play) and NOT recording (what is used in voice programs and games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back