Why is vista so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylub

I just got and installed Vista Ultimate last night and everything is so slow to load or even click on. Also the processor is always at 50% or 100%

any ideas?

2nd with the above answer

what proc are you running. Not only that, i think vista requires a lot of memory to run smoothly

Some hardware needs new driver downloads to work properly. Be sure you have those. If you did not perform a reformat and reinstall with VISTA, I would do that... rather than an upgrade.

It doesnt say process is using my cpu unless i open somthing but thats only like 1 or 2 percent.

I did do a reformat for Vista im not sure what all drivers i need to update

Download the drivers you need: Chipset and such drivers from the motherboard manufacturer or computer manufacturer, then audio from the audio site, and modem, if needed, from the modem manufacterer. You do not need to down load them, unless they are updates from the time you purchased it. Usually they will post that new drivers are needed for VISTA if, in deed, they are.
Also, for most manufacturers, if you go to www.microsoft.com and run their Microsoft Updates, using "custom", you will be able to update nearly all of the drivers right there. Microsoft has already required certified manufacturers to supply them to the update pool.

Proc is Pentium D 3.37

Raybay vista dosnt have the same update page and if there is a custom i dont know where it is.

oh and also I cant find drivers that support vista for the mobo

taylub said:
Proc is Pentium D 3.37

Raybay vista dosnt have the same update page and if there is a custom i dont know where it is.

oh and also I cant find drivers that support vista for the mobo

So your system is not compatible with Vista... It takes more than just memory

Is it onboard video? Did you download the drivers for them or your video card? Most of the drivers can be found seperately, theres no easy motherboard package for all drivers.

Anyway, welcome to a new operating system. Enjoy the googling.

taylub said:
Good news, I reinstalled it and everything works GREAT!

thanks for all of your help :)

Well, that is good news... It looks like a "fresh" install of Vista is the right way to go at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back