why my laptop only can log as guest account? cannot formating nor installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

18sx

Please help!!!

my sister laptop automatically loq as guest account.
therefore she cannot format, install even running antivirus also restricted.

Try to switch account by pressing windows key + L. but after in switching mode, there is no administrator account. seems that it get virus or something wrong.

then i have a good idea, just format the hdd, but it can't be format because it is guest account.

anyone helpppppp!!!!

is there away to reset the laptop to its original state.!!!!

is this somekind of virus??

18sx said:
Please help!!!
Try to switch account by pressing windows key + L. but after in switching mode, there is no administrator account. seems that it get virus or something wrong.

When you are switching accounts, you need to press <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> to get a "regular" login prompt, where you can type in the name of the account you want to log into.

Just type in "Administrator" and leave the password blank (unless you set it when installing/got the pc) and you should be able to log in.

Why she's suddenly logging in as Guest I have no idea about...

Good luck!

Mr. Garibaldi.

Thats the thing. it cannot switch to admin mode.
because everything is restricted and my sister did not loq in as guest.
the Os make her too.. no option...

i'd try your methods before that. cannot.. any idea? how to force format anyway?

and 1 more things. my sister laptop got this sounds... beep beep beep (alot of beep)at the startup... if i did not open the bios before startup, it can't run.

therefore i'm thinking to sell this laptop and buy her new one. but atleast i must re-install windows otherwise the price will drop too low..

Yeah!!! any idea?

You can't log out of windows?
When you use <ctrl>+<l> you get to the "welcome" screen where you can select the "Guest" account right?
If so, what happens when you hit <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> there? You should get a normal log-in prompt, or at the very least a message about this feature being disabled.

Anyways, what you could do is use the recovery console and check what services are running and which are disabled (listsvc). That should give you a clue as to what is going on.
You could also use the repair function to restore XP to the original version. This can lead to some problems as files needed by other programs will be changed, but should at least enable you to get into windows, where you can do a backup of your data before formatting and installing a fresh version of windows.

From your last post, about buying a new one, I'd recommend trying the repair function and see if you can't get in..

[EDIT]
You could also go a more roundabout way, using a live linux cd to get access to the disks of the system, copy out any relevant information and then format the disks. This way you will definately be able to install a new version of windows on the machine..
[/EDIT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back