Only my laptop cannot access the internet via wifi or ethernet connection

I have what feels like a strange issue. All other devices in the house can get internet access from the home network except my laptop. My laptop can get internet access from my school's wifi, my friend's wifi, and from my phone's hotspot, but it cannot access the internet via wifi nor via ethernet from the home network. The connection status shows as connected and it says internet access, but no browsers nor programs on my computer can actually connect. The modem is relatively new; but my computer worked with it for a while before I began to experience this issue. The problem is not intermittent at this point and I am never able to access the internet through that network. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any advise is appreciated.

Here are the details for my device:
Laptop Model: Asus G751JL-DS71
Operating System: Windows 10
Wireless Adapter: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Antivirus: Bitdefender Total Security 2018

I've tried:
Power cycling modem
Resetting computer
Uninstalling/reinstalling drivers
Updating drivers
Changing IP address and DNS to open servers
Ipconfig release/renew
Disabling startup processes except windows and anti virus
flushdns
netsh winsock reset
Running an anti-virus scan

Where does tracert fail? Can you ping the gateway? Does Ethernet work? Can you ping outside your network? Does ping resolve a name to an IP? What brand/model AP/Router/Modem?

I guess that I was mistaken and I wasn't trying enough websites. I can connect to some (google, facebook, techspot) but not others (hotmail). While checking the tracert commands, I noticed that some connect but others do not. Tracert is successful for tracert -6 google.com but fails immediately for tracert -4 google.com. Ethernet doesn't change the results and I can ping outside of my network. The modem is a 2-in-1 Arris TG1682G.

Yes. I agree strange issue. You have verified that what does not work on your laptop works on other devices in the same location? Have you checked for driver updates for your PC from the OEM or firmware updates for the Arris? If all of that has been checked and you are still having issues I think you have no other option but contacting the manufacturer.

It sounds as though your laptops not at fault, as it can connect in all other scenarios from other locations apart from your home.
And one presumes that all other devices on your home network can get to hotmail for example?

With not knowing the specifics on your home router, you did state in your original post that the laptop in question did indeed work for a while. I also note that you've tried a good selection of troubleshooting from the laptop itself.

Have you tried restoring your home router to its factory settings? I know on my router, there is options to restrict access to certain devices by Mac address... could be whats in play at you're end... again would highly recommend you take your home router back to factory defaults to take it out of the equation :)

This thread is a classic example of whats wonky about techspot forums... in that n00bs pop up, post issues, and then when folks try and help, they are gone as quickly as they came!

#grrrrrrbabyverygrrrrr :p

Sorry, I never noticed your responses. I managed to fix the issue by restoring the router. I still have no idea what the precise cause was, but it's all great now and it's remained so ever since *knocks on wood* Thanks!

FYI: no one at home needs IPv6 (aka tracert -6 xxx).
In the adapter settings;
  • disable IPv6
  • ensure IPv4 is enabled
disconnect the Internet, then reconnect
you should see an IPv4 address for your PC:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :xxxx
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Back