Will a Windows 2007 Printer Driver work with my Windows 10 laptop?

Hello. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10, and I need to install the drivers for my Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 printer onto this laptop so I can print from it. Thing is, the only options available on Lexmark's website are for Windows 2000, 7, 8, XP, etc - no Windows 2010. Do you think the Windows 7 (or any other version) driver will work, or will it mess up my printer or laptop somehow, like cause a crash? Sorry if I sound paranoid. I'm not tech-savvy, but I try to avoid doing anything to outright damage my laptop. Thank-you for taking the time to read my question and help me out.

I tried using the Windows 8 driver. It didn't work. :( I got a 'your operating system does not support this printer' message. I tried all the others, too, just for the heck of it. No go. Sigh. It's okay. Thank-you, though! I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get a new printer that's Windows 10 compatible.

Sorry it didn't work out the first time. I looked into it some more, and came across this on MS's site:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/d8dd2b84-a963-4799-9981-ec77fc13b090

Uninstall the drivers and see if reinstalling using the compatibility mode per MS community's suggestion works, first post by Amarjeet_Paul...

1. Right click the driver set up file and select Properties.

2. In the compatibility tab, go to compatibility mode, tick the Run the program in compatibility mode for: select the windows operating system you want the file to run in (select Windows 7 or Windows XP).

Back