Will the 9 series cards make the 8 series cards cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eventually, and then the 10 series will do the same to the 9 series, rinse and repeat. basically as long as its one of the fastest cards the gts will be expensive, when it becomes obsolete (relatively) its price will drop.

from the question i assume you are looking to upgrade, if you want to only spend $100 then i'd say your best bet is an OCed 7600 GT, lotsa bang for your buck, i can run FEAR with pretty high settings with just one of them.
but really, what are you looking for?

Well I have a month or two until I have all the money but I am going to build a gaming computer for the first time so I was wondering if I could get an 8800 for the same price as an 8600 by that time. but as far as what I want I would like it to be able to run dx10 or else I would go with the 7600gt. But seeing as how I have to wait for the money I was just wondering about what my options would by that time. Oh and I have been thinking about this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150229 or some other 8600 but I should probably wait until I have the money to choose. Or should I just keep looking at everything?

If you are going to wait a month, I recommend you wait for the 9600GT. It seems like this is the new mid-range card of Nvidia and hopefully will not disappoint as the 8600GT had.

If so than i will just stick with the 8 series or i might have to rethink all of the things i chose i guess i will just have to wait.

at the moment, the XFX 8600GT would be the best deal. You get $17 off, free shipping, and $30 rebate. What's more, you get Company of Heroes for free.

supplies are starting to rebound from the holiday order rush. i shoulda grabbed one when they were around 200-220 for an OC version when they first came out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back